Friday, December 30, 2022 |TheBrickyard|Stinson Park, Omaha, NE | 21 degrees, 8.9 mi/h SSW Wind, feels like 10, 37% humidity, a very cold morning.
14 Pax: Black Lung, Fun Dip, BetaMax, Double Dip, Polaroid, Vanilla Ice, Swiper, Beeps, E-85, Gunner, Snowman, Caruoso, Woody, Blackjack
5:00 am Pre Run: Double Dip, Fun Dip, Beeps, Swiper
Poopsack! 4:15am hit, and I was slow to get up and then had to spend more time than normal with the morning activities….Back up 10 hours and you will find the Fighting Freddie Nebraska Cornhuskers were dismantling Iowa in basketball and I have a few too many celebratory Tito’s and Soda. I got swept up in the moment and with Nebraska beating Creighton and now Iowa, was riding the wave. Fast forward back to this am, I knew Fun Dip, Double Dip and Beeps were going to be there waiting to run Shirley. Ugh. I rolled up about 5:08. Set up my cones and then started a slower OYOBNA 2 mile pre run. I returned to see Pax assembling and Double Dip proceeded to ask me if I made it to Shirley. I declined and he asked if I was doing it after the workout? I love that guy.
5:30am – I kicked off the workout and welcomed the Pax to F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith – reminding them of the mission to Plant, Serve and Grow small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Then I covered the 5 core principles of F3. 1) Open to ALL men. 2. Always Free. 3) Always held outdoors, 4) Lead in a rotating fashion and 5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
I then mentioned our Credo: Leave no man behind, but leave no man where you found him. I ended with a reminder to the PAX that I am not a professional. Modify as necessary. Workouts are all a suggestion. From this point forward there is a real risk of injury. Leave your coupons here, let’s Mosey.
5:32 am Warm-a-rama
We ran a loop around the park and stopped at the stage for a Warm A Rama. We did:
- 5 Motivators
- 12 Tappy Taps
- 10 Rolfsons
- Then we went to the wall
- Balls to the wall – Hold
- Low Wall Sit – 30 seconds
5:42 am The Pre Thang – Clipping Coupons
We ran back to the beginning and would partner up and grab 1 coupon per team. We would run up Mercy Rd. Carry the coupon by one or both of the Pax switching off. We would stop at the Spillman Child Development Center. We did the following:
- One Pax did 12 Burpees, while the AMRAP Coupon Curls. Switch. Repeat 2x. Mosey.
- At the Roundabout – 1 Pack would Rifle carry and Lunge half of the roundabout. The other Pax would Frog Jump. Do this half way around and then Switch positions to make one full loop. Mosey.
- We ran down the parking lot and stopped by the Soccer field and the light pole and the bridge. I wanted to run on the soccer field to be honest, but it was too dark and I could not tell one from the other. So I modified and had one Pax sprint down around the light pole3 and one Pax would do AMRAP Coupon Presses. Switch. Repeat 2x. Mosey back to the flags.
5:51 am The Thang
We got back to the cones and we would stay with our partner. First we would do 1 min of 5 second Coupon Holds and Hand offs. We would count to 60, handing off every 5 seconds.
Next we would have One Partner would run a loop on the park and the other would AMRAP:
Cone 1 – *Jump Over Coupon 20x* Murder Bunny down to Cone 2
Cone 2 – *10 Blockees* Rifle Carry Back to Cone 1. Rinse and Repeat.
When you relieve your partner, you just pick up where he was and keep switching until Omaha was called.
We did the following:
- 15 Coupon Big Boys
- 10 Coupon hold in the air flutter kicks IC
- 14 Coupon Hold Sarpy Slammers IC, Rancid Style
6:13am The Name-a-rama was completed – see above for list of those who posted.
- 100 Burpees a day challenge in January
- Murph Challenge in January
- 75 Hard Slack channel set up by Hard Hat, anyone can attend.
COT Memorable moments
My morning is the gloom we share in the Suck. Tough workouts like today, we get through them because of the men around us. But then I turned to the positive, that it is not all bad. If we think back, we have had a some great memories this year. And I asked the Pax to think of a memory or two that sticks out for them. I started with, the Memorial Day Triple Murph – I did all three and I brought my keg of Summer Shandy up to drink after. KOA accidentally broke the tap when trying to open it up and so we could not drink it. A few Pax went to their trucks and came back with zip ties, Pliers, etc and got it working. We finished the keg. It was a great morning and a fun memory.
Other Pax mentioned:
- Gunner – mentioned Vandalay leading a respect workout
- Vanilla Ice mentioned his son Splash, doing a murph and saying, “Is that it?”
- Double Dip mentioned the shovel flag pass at The Sanitarium
- Polaroid mentioned Rancid leading and launching the shovel flag at Beverly Hills, right after his brother passed
- I may have forgot one or two others
I led the group out in prayer….One thing I prayed for was the Pax to be confident and step up and lead more workouts in 2023. I thought about this as I was the Q 43 times in 2022, but I had not yet signed up for a 2023 date yet. With Multiple site on site at the workout, it was a great chance to do so! I left with two dates to Q and a third one in the works.