January 2, 2023 | AO – Mission Forge | Mission Park | Feels like 29°
PAX : Griswold, Dr. Thunder, Painkiller, Butta, Smurph Turf, High Hat, Tight Lip, Chip N’ Dale, FNG (Cake), Duracell, Escobar, Fine Print, The Plague
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is an international network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
- Plague asked our local YogaKing, Griswold, to lead the PAX in a little Broga-style WaR. Griswold led the PAX and we absorbed as much of the moon as we could before the beatdown.
The Thang – The Mission
PAX paired up to complete the thang:
- Partner 1 perform 21’s with Slalom Mountain Climbers and Bobby Hurley’s
- Partner 2 run to soccer goal, complete 5 Burpees then run back and switch
*Partners worked through the 21’s collectively, picking up where the other left off on the switch
*Burpee reps started at 5 and increased by 1 each stop at the soccer goal
PAX moseyed to the shovel flag for 6MoM.
- 1/28/23 | CSAUP | Location: Danger Zone
- Prayers for other PAX with injuries, surgeries, and family member health issues
- CoT – YHC Shared about goals and New Year’s Resolutions
- This time of year many of us are establishing new goals for the year. Goals are good and help to keep us motivated and accelerating. However, good planning does not guarantee that we will always achieve our goals.
- In 2022, YHC only hit one goal which was 100,000 Burpees – YHC completed 100,080 Burpees. When talking to my M about the frustration with not hitting goals, she identified other areas of growth (mostly in my prioritization of our family) that were difficult to measure but far more important that running a certain number of miles or getting my VO2 Max to a certain level.
- Remember that good planning does not guarantee we will achieve our goals
- “Come now you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit – yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, ‘If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that” – James 4:13-15
- “The heart of man plans his way but the LORD establishes his steps” – Proverbs 16:9
- Remember to build flexibility and margin into your goals to allow God to carry out His will in your life.