Q: The Plague
PAX: Kingsford, Tenderfoot (Brian Johnson), Tom Tom, Splinter ……..cell, Folsom, Vanilla Ice, Swinger, Waterboy, Penny Marshall, Obtuse
The Battlefield Backblast: Memory Lane & Overthinking
September 21, 2023 | AO – The Battlefield | Westside High School | Feels like 79°
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
WARMUP: Moseyed to the front of the school for 10 SSH, 5 Groiners, 10 Imperial Walkers, 5 Jump Tucks
– Front of the school: 5, 10, 15 reps of dips, Derkins and box jumps
– Back of school – Pax AMRAP exercises while one Pax run to school door and perform 5 burpees. Rotated through all Pax
– Practice field – 30 Bobby Hurley’s, Jump Tucks and Merkins then mosey across field and Bernie Sanders up the hill
– Football field – 20 Burpees as a group then 100 yard Bear Crawl
COT: YHC talked about mental health and suicide awareness. This is a tough topic and I’m finding that we don’t really know how to deal with it. I think we really just need to get deeper in our conversations, ask better questions and be better listeners. Create margin in your life that allows you to dig into conversations with people you interact with.
overthinking – recently read the book Soundtracks by Jon Acuff and he recommends running negative thoughts through a filter of three questions: 1) is it true 2) is it helpful 3) is it kind.
Don’t be so hard on yourself. Take time to review your thoughts and get rid of them if they’re not true, helpful, or kind.