8/2/2023, 5:15am | Mount Olympus | Omaha, NE| 69F, rainy
“Contentment vs Complacency”
# of PAX: 8
Razzle Dazzle, Duracell, Chernobyl, Tenacious D
0445am 5K prerun
KOA, Double Dip
KOA welcomed the Pax to F3 – reminding them of the mission to Plant, Grow and Serve small workout groups for the re-invigoration of male community leadership. We have an FNG named Justin who was brought out by Double Dip.
KOA went on to cover the 5 core principles of F3.
1) Open to ALL men.
2) Always Free.
3) Always held outdoors
4) Lead in a rotating fashion
5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
He then recited the credo that we would leave no man behind but we would leave no man where we found him.
PAX moseyed to the football field carrying an extra coupon…we decided this concluded the Warm-O-Rama 😊.
PAX listened to the song Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. We performed Mountain Climbers for the entire song except when they sang, “be we get up again” we would complete a burpee. When the song had ended we had completed 27 burpees.
PAX split into teams of 2. KOA chose to replicate a DORA, however instead of running laps or 100m dashes, we performed 20 yard murder bunnies out and back while the other partner completed exercises. The following exercises were completed. By the PAX.
150 We’re not worthies
200 Block Curls
250 2-count Hammers with the Block (Most PAX did not finish this)
Omaha was called.
PAX moseyed back to the shovel flags.
PAX counted off 8 HIM. We then went into Name-o-rama. The FNG was named Jackson 5 after telling us that he works for ABC Siding and Shingles. Its easy as 1,2,3. The following member were present: Double Dip, Duracell, Chernobyl, G-String, FNG Jackson 5, Hacksaw, Tenacious D and KOA.
The Shield of Ares goes to Hacksaw!!!
– Chernobyl reminded PAX that this is a good example of what to do to prepare for Iron PAX.
– PAX reminded that Shovel Flag pass is NOT tomorrow at the Sandlot.
– Remember 3rd F opportunities with Painting. Kids must be 17y/o.
– Apex will be August 18th at the PIT
– Duracell will be traveling so please send him your prayers
– Chowda had a 2 year old Cousin pass recently. Please keep them in your prayers.
– 911 at Titan Alley will be Hacksaw’s VQ
– Prayers for Mortar and Simmons and their M’s Thursday.
KOA shared a message today highlighting the importance of contentment and complacency. There is a clear difference between the two words. One means sitting still, not accelerating, and ultimately being stagnant while contentment being happy with what you have. Complacency is a state of mind with regards to attitude and action, while contentment is a state of being with regards to things. Try to find ways in your life to be content with what you have, but never settle for being complacent. You should always be striving for the next goal.