G3/29/2019 | Golden Spike AO | Burke High School
PAX: Wait Time, Saul, Roll Bar, Honey Stinger, Honey Badger, Kielbasa, Vandelay
Q: The Big One
Weather: 38 and a little windy which made it feel colder
The Big One welcomed the PAX. Gave the Mission statement, core principles and disclaimer.
PAX moseyed into the stadium and onto the field for Warm-o-Rama
Slow Tempo Squats
Alternating Shoulder Taps
The PAX ran one lap around the track, stopping every 400 meters for merkins and air squats. We started with 5 merkins and 10 squats and added 5 merkins and 10 squats at each stop. The PAX increased the pace on each run, finishing with a sprint for the final 400 meters, which featured an entertaining race between the Honey Brothers. We learned that Honey Badger was a state champion sprinter in high school and it showed.
The Thang Part 1
The PAX proceed to the field for a paired up and rotated through a bracket of 4 exercises.
Burpees x 10
LBCs x 15 IC
Mt. Climbers x 15 IC
Calf Raises x 20
Jump Squats x 10
American Hammers x 15 IC
Chillcot x 30 seconds (40 seconds on 2nd round)
The Thang Part 2
The PAX ran up and down the stadium steps alternating between hitting every other step hitting and every step. AMRAP until Big One called Omaha.
The PAX repeated Thang 1 and Thang 2, but before starting Thang 1 again, The Big One reminded The PAX that F3 is all about You vs. You. It’s never a race or competition. It’s about pushing yourself as hard as you can with the goal of getting better each time out.
After repeating Thang 1 and Thang 2, The PAX met at the middle of the field for 20 merkins and 30 squats for good measure before MoM.
- Flutter Kicks 15 IC
- Freddie Mercuries 15 IC (5 regular, 5 fast, 5 slow)
- American Hammer 10 IC on and off x 5 for a total of 50
- Roll Bar mentioned his co-worker whose home was significantly damaged by flooding. He is compiling a list of F3 brothers that would be able to help with the clean up effort. Contact Roll Bar if you would like to help.
- Honey Stinger mentioned that flood victims are in need of clothes in addition to other items being donated. Please consider donating clothing items. They don’t have to be new.
- Continuing with the theme of the week, The Big One talked about the prevalence of suicide, especially in the adult male community. The Big One encouraged The PAX to look for those in their community that may be hurting, often times without us even knowing about it. The Big One advocated for talking about our pain or problems to friends or even professionals and concluded by saying that it takes real courage to face our problems head on and not internalize them. The PAX agreed.
- The Big One took the PAX out with prayer
- Coffeteria at Starbucks.
The Big One