August 11, 2023 | Burke High School | AO – Golden Spike | 85°
PAX : Busser, Vandelay, Hindsight, Tom Tom, Tugboat, Dirty Bird, Farva, Chicken Hawk, Motorboat, Cradle, Tight Lip, Macanudo, Jenny Bravo, Sparty, Khakis, Tater Tot, FDIC, Sputnik, Starbucks, Grillz, Chucky, Stripes, Truly, Invictus, Hemi, U-Haul, Armbar, Q-Tip, Taxman, Hi-Hat, Almost Famous, 308, Sister Act, Slow Pitch, Boji, Quidditch, TC, Kingsford, Rain man, The Plague
Q: The Plague
The Plague welcomed the PAX to a beautiful morning at Golden Spike
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary. PAX moseyed around the track then midfield for WaR
- SSH – 15
- Big Ones
- Tappy Taps – 15 IC
- Merkins/Groiners – 5, 10, 15
Pre-Thang – Contra Jack Webs Jack-Webbs: bearcrawl to the 10 yd line, 1 merkin, 40 alleluias. Bearcrawl to the 20 for 2 merkins & 36 alleluias. Continue the full 100 yards to finish with 10 merkins & 4 alleluias — good thing we warmed up dem shoulders!
The Thang – Fellowship Stations PAX count off into 4s. Each station has a list of four exercises. Stations 1-3 are AMRAP while PAX discuss the questions listed on the sheet. Station 4 is the push group – complete the Bropees & PC Merkins then push. The focus of this beatdown is on the 2nd F/Mumblechatter
- Flutter Kicks
- Mountain Climbers
- Bonnie Blair’s
- Jump Squats
- Alternating Shoulder Taps
- Bobby Hurley’s
- Heels to Heaven
- Air Squats
- Makhtar N’Diayes
Station 4 Push Group
- 20 Bropees
- 20 Patty-cake Merkins
PAX moseyed back to the shovel flags for Mary.
- 8/12/2023 – Dragon’s Lair Shovel Pass | Miyagi > Taxman
- 8/19/2023 – Brush Up Project
- Injured PAX, lost PAX
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared on Celebrating five years clean!
- Today, I stand before you, marking five years free from the grip of drugs. This journey, while deeply personal, is also a testament to the power of faith, community, and determination.
- In the Bible, we find in 2 Corinthians 5:17: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” This passage has been a beacon for me, reminding me of the transformative power of faith. Every day in these past five years, I’ve experienced the reality of becoming a new creation, leaving behind the shackles of my past.
- Narcotics Anonymous has been instrumental in this transformation. Their guiding principle, “We admitted that we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable,” resonated deeply. It taught me humility, admitting that I couldn’t fight this battle alone. And in this surrender, I found unmatched strength.
- The Bible says in Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” While the road to recovery was filled with trials and temptations, this verse gave me the resolve to persevere. In tandem with the support from NA & F3, I learned that my strength wasn’t just from within but also from above and all around me.
- Through the 12 steps of NA, I learned the importance of making amends and seeking forgiveness, not just from others but also from myself. As Ephesians 4:32 states: “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” By embracing this forgiveness, I found healing and renewed purpose.
- One of the most profound gifts over these years has been the fellowship in F3 & NA. As they say, “The therapeutic value of one addict helping another is without parallel.” In this community, I found brothers and sisters, all unified in the pursuit of a clean life. We leaned on Proverbs 27:17, “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another,” finding strength and clarity in our shared experiences.
- In conclusion, these five years have not just been about abstaining from drugs. They have been about transformation, redemption, and rediscovery. Through the wisdom of the Bible and the guiding principles of Narcotics Anonymous & the men of F3, I’ve come to understand that true freedom isn’t just about breaking chains but about forging a path of purpose, love, and service.
- Thank you for being a part of my journey.
Aye! The Plague