Boys Town/Oracle Workout
12-31-2022 Led by Cutting Edge
It was a beautiful Saturday morning out at the Oracle. There were 15 HIM’s present: Protector, Tea party, DOA, Folsom, Home Alone, Laser Jet, Green House, Hei Hei, Pink Eye (from St. Louis), Vandelay (Respect), Straight Flush, Long Neck,Cheap Seats, Sprout, and Cutting Edge. We started at 7AM Sharp.
We mosey’d south over by the picnic tables for a little warm-a-Rama.
Side straddle Hops x 20 IC
Tappy taps x 10 IC
Big Ones x 10 IC
We then mosey’d just to the east to the picnic tables to do 12 Derkins. This was the beginning of the pre-thang, but we needed the picnic tables for the Derkins so started there. We then mosey’d over to the football field for the Pre-thang.
After the Derkins there were 9 other different kinds of merkins that I was aware of so I decided to incorporate them into the pre-thang.
We started at the west end zone and as a group did 12 Merkins. We then ran forwards about 60 yards to a cone in the middle of the football field. Once there we did 12 workins and then ran forward back to the original end zone. We then did the following:
– 12 Ranger Merkins, karaoke strides to the cone
– 12 Diamond merkins, karaoke strides back to the end zone.
– 12 Hydraulic merkins, Bernie Sanders to the cone.
– 12 Hand Release merkins, Bernie Sanders back to the end zone.
– 12 Chuck Norris merkins, ran forward to the cone.
– 12 Tempo Merkins, run forward back to the end zone.
– 12 Plyo Merkins
I asked the group if anybody knew what mashed potato merkinswere and nobody knew. (I saw this on a previous backblast and was curious)
We then mosey’s over to the big hill, which was either a second pre-thang or the beginning of the thang. For the sake of the backblast I will consider it part of the pre-thang still.
Once at the hill we did the following:
– 5 burpees at the bottom of the hill and then run to the top of the hill
– 5 burpees at the top of the hill and then run back to the bottom of the hill
– 5 burpees at the bottom of the hill
– 20 air squats at the bottom of the hill and run to the top of the hill
– 20 air squats at the top of the hill and run to the bottom of the hill
– 20 air squats at the bottom of the hill
This concluded the pre-thang.
The Thang 7:28AM:
We mosey’d to the east over to the smaller hill right on the other side of the pond where we did the thang.
We broke out into groups of 2 or 3 so that everyone had a “buddy” to do the workout with. Each group would run to the top of the hill, do 2 4×4’s and then run to the bottom of the hill. At the bottom of the hill each group did the following list of exercises. They did each exercise before running back up the hill.
– 25 Bonnie Blairs or Bobby Hurly’s
– 20 LBC’s I/C
– 30 Air Squats
– 20 Freddy Mercury’s I/C
Rinse and repeat until Omaha.
7:45 AM Omaha was called and we mosey’d back to the shovel Flag.
6 Minutes of Mary 7:49AM:
– 20 Flutter Kicks – IC
– 20 Heels to Heaven – IC
– 16 American Hammers IC
Circle of Trust 7:52AM:
We did the name-o-rama and there were no FNG’s. However, we had a HIM from St. Louis (Pink Eye) and really enjoyed having him work out with us this morning.
We did prayer requests and announcements.
For the COT I discussed New Year resolutions a bit. I started with a couple quotes I pulled off the internet:
– My new year’s resolution is to stop procrastinating. I am not starting until next week though.
– A new year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
– May all your troubles last as long as new year’s resolutions.
– This year let’s resolve to make better bad decisions.
These quotes are definitely not words of wisdom, but I thought they were at least a little entertaining. I then told the PAX to focus this year on improvement if you are going to do a new year’s resolution and if you get off track throughout the year don’t beat yourself up, just get back on track and really focus on improvement for 2023 compared to 2022. If you can makesome improvement, even if it’s just a little bit, then you can be proud of that.
We then prayed and then met for coffee. Overall, it was a great morning with some great guys!