Badger Pointe Backblast: Why are we here?
September 5, 2023| AO – Badger Pointe| Bennington High School| 85°
PAX : Stripes, Bernie, Slow Clap, Tea Party, Da Fridge, Macanudo The Plague
Q: The Plague
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is an international network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
- Are open to all men
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
PAX moseyed to the front of the school for WaR
- SSH 20 IC
- Tappy Taps 15 IC
- Imperial Walkers 15 IC
- High Knees 20 IC
The THANG – Look at all the room for activities!
Stop 1 –DDJs
We found a nice series of stone ledges to use for this!
- 10 Derkins
- 10 Dips
- 10 Box Jumps/Step Ups
- Repeated x 6
PAX moseyed to the parking lot next to the football field. The gate to the field was open but we decided not to venture down there…YHC figured we’d wait until we launch before getting kicked out 🙂
Station 2 – Pyramid
- 50,40,30,20,10 reps of Bobby Hurley’s and Big Boy Situps
PAX moseyed to the front of the school by the Bennington Arts Center Sign
Station 3 – You thought we wouldn’t do burpees?
- PAX lined up on the wall while one PAX did a bear crawl out, 5 burpees, then bear crawl back.
- Rotated through until all PAX completed the burpee + bear crawl
Moseyed back to the shovel flag for NoR.
- 9/9 – Bunz Town Popup
- 9/11 – Coronado Shovel Flag Pass
- 9/12 – Badger Pointe Launch
- YHC Reflected on why we continue to expand F3 and give it away
- The mission of F3, to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership, is something that each man feels and experiences uniquely based on their life experiences. Each man develops a passion for seeing other men in their community reinvigorated and thus we continue expanding b/c we want to give away what we’ve each so greatly benefitted from.
- What problem are we trying to solve? SadClown Syndrome
- It’s often difficult for us to see ourselves as a SadClown, but in a sense, we’re all like Tony Soprano in having to put on a smile while we’re struggling on the inside.
- The gap between who we want to be and who we actually are continues to widen as we struggle to find our identify, purpose, and meaning in this life. In F3, we’re constantly trying to help men close the gap and be the man they want to be.
- From Freed to Lead, “What our culture calls a mid-life crisis is actually a SadClown’s effort to self-prescribe a remedy for his joyless inertia. Instead of filling the holes of the Grip he cannot or will not see, the SadClown sees what he can in his life and declares his circumstances to be the cause (rather than the effect) of his malaise. As a result, the SadClown concludes that he is a man whose wife and job are making him unhappy when, in fact, he is an unhappy man with a wife and a job”
- As we’re giving this away, we need to be praying for the men in our communities and that their hearts would be open to our mission. That we would all be honest with the areas we need to be reinvigorated and that we would be ready to steward those men toward a life of acceleration, high impact, and virtuous leadership.
- F3 has given me my life back from the darkness of addiction. I am dedicated to continue giving F3 away until I die b/c I know first hand how transformational it can be. Will you join me in giving it away until we reach the ends of our community?