Wolf Den Backblast: Reflection + Experience = Insight
August 28, 2023|Elkhorn North High School | AO – Wolf Den |
PAX (11): Cradle, Ace, Vespa, Schnitzel, Amazin, T-Swift, Bogey, Cooter, Sandworm, Stripes, The Plague
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
PAX moseyed around a lap around the track and then circled up for WaR
- SSH – 20 IC
- Burpees – 5
- Mountain Climbers – 20 IC
- Burpees – 5
- Alternating Shoulder Taps – 20 IC
- Burpees – 5
PAX lined up at the goal line for the thang
THANG – CAPOOT
PAX completed the following exercises together as a group:
- 100 Merkins – Run one lap
- 75 Merkins – Run two laps
- 50 Merkins – Run three laps
- 8/28 – Ironwood Shovel Flag Pass – Done & Rooster > Rocket & Hipster
- 8/30 – Paradise Island Shovel Flag Pass – Retweet > Tightlip
- 8/31 – TKMK Memorial Run at The Sandlot
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared some reflections on sobriety
- My 5-year clean date was 8/12/2023 and I’m so grateful to be alive and clean!
- My M wrote me a letter that I wanted to share with the PAX today – I shared the whole letter during the CoT but for this Backblast, I’ll share some highlights 😊
- She mentioned that it felt like our house, life, and family had been set on fire. That I had survived with a new lease on life but that she had been altered, burned, scarred, and immobilized. She didn’t like me for what I had done and she was angry at me for the damage I had caused.
- She referenced the countless hours of prayer, trust, and counseling it took to rebuild our marriage and life together.
- She gives all the glory to God for how we’ve been able to come through on the other side and are now living a beautiful life. She’s proud of the man I have become and the father, husband, and friend God has made me.
- WOW – there were definitely tears after reading this out loud
- The reason I shared this is because despite not knowing everything the PAX are going through, I know there’s a beautiful story on the other side. It’s important for us to stand firm in our faith, be true and consistent to our wives, and lean into God for guidance and redemption.
- Before F3, I didn’t have a group of friends I could talk to about this stuff so I used drugs to numb myself and quiet the inner critic telling me I was a failure. Today, I have more friends that I can count and I have a place where I get to share life’s challenges and victories with other men who give me love and support.
- User this group to work your way through the flux of life. Don’t just show up and go through the motions. Be vulnerable, own your flaws, let the other men around you sharpen you into the man you were created to be.