Friday, September 1, 2023|The Bell Tower |Bellevue West High School| Bellevue, NE |39 degrees, Feels like, 36 degrees. 63% humidity, 4.3 mi/h wind from NNW.
“Who do YOU say that I am?”
10 Pax: Bunson, Icy Hot, Uncle Jesse, Korver, FedEx, Stranglehold, Canadian Bacon, Harding, Swiper (and Trench trying to find us after a break)
QIC: Swiper Q
4:45 am Pre Run: Trench, Icy Hot, Stranglehold, Swiper
5:15 am On the pre run we ran the OG route, big hill. I had told Stranglehold I wanted to do that the day before….and Trench rolled up and I told him we were going that way and we said good! Nice group. We got back and and I welcomed the Pax to F3 – reminding them of the mission to Plant, Serve and Grow small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
I then covered the 5 core principles of F3. 1) Open to ALL men. 2. Always Free. 3) Always held outdoors, 4) Lead in a rotating fashion and 5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
There were no FNGs today.
I reminded the PAX that I am not a professional. Modify as necessary, especially today with the storms looming and what I had planned. From this point forward there is a real risk of injury.
Finally I said our Credo is that we leave no man behind, but we leave no man where we found him. I like to move and we would circle back for the six each time we mosey.
I told the Pax we would Mosey. I instructed the Pax to set their watches and let’s mosey.
5:18 am Warm-a-rama
- We mosey’d south We ran south and then headed West into that neighborhood. We stopped at the top of the hill and I told the Pax to partner up for 10 Plank Jump Bupees, jumping over our partner planking. Then swap.
- We would run another block or two and then do that circuit again.
- Then we ran it on the Golden Corral parking lot and a few folks said they never thought they would be working out in the Golden Corral parking lot. did the following exercises:
- 10 Tappy Taps IC
- 10 Windmills IC
- 12 Iron Crosses IC
5:28 am Pre Thang – Curb Stomp
- After the WAR I told the Pax to find some curb space.
- We did a Wheel of Merkins
- 10 Incline Merkins, turn 90 degrees to the right
- 10 Merkins with left arm elevated, turn 90 degrees to the right
- 10 Derkins, turn 90 degrees to the right
- 1o Merkins with right arm elevated
- Next we did a wheel of curb jumps
- 10 forward jump ups, turn 90 degrees to the right
- 10 sideways jump ups, turn 90 degrees to the right
- 10 backwards jump ups, turn 90 degrees to the right
- 10 sideways jump ups
- We then mosey’d to the East into the neighborhood where I had cones set up for a grinder. We would count off into three groups, we had 9 guys, so it worked out perfectly.
5:38 am The Thang #1 – Circle Up
We started with each partner doing 25 Maverick Merkins, then running up, switching and then running back down for the last partner.
Then we ran a three man grinder.
At the bottom the team was working through:
50 Gas Pumpers IC
100 Ranger Merkins
150 Shoulder Taps IC
200 Jump Tucks
One pax was pushing up and down
At the top, the pax were working through
25 Diamond Merkins
50 X-Factors IC
75 Moroccan Night Clubs IC
100 Apollo Ohno’s IC
5:55am 6 MOM
- 15 Chloe’s IC
- 15 Heels to Heaven IC
- Then we circled up and did 9 Sarpy Slammers, Rancid Style
- Ended with Tunnel of Love into our NOR
- The Name-a-rama was completed coming out of the tunnel of love – see above for list of those who posted.
- Heartland Hope fundraiser
COT – Who do you say that I am?
Last week in the Catholic Church the Gospel reading was from Matthew’s Gospel. 16:13. It talked about Jesus coming to Caesarea, which was a pagan filled region. Jesus asked his followers, “Who do people say that I am?” – they said, some say Elijah or John the Baptist or Jeremiah.” Then he asked them, “Who do YOU say that I am? And Peter answered – that he was the Messiah, the Christ – and then Chris famously labeled Peter “The Rock” that Christ would build his church on.
This got me to thinking…..I am going to open myself up. “Who do people say that I am?”
I got a some different responses. Leader, runner, Christian, friends.
Who do YOU men say that I am?
The pax had some different, more meaningful answers.
What would folks say about you, do you think? Would you be proud of what they would say? Your wife? You kids? Your spouse? You employees? Your Boss? Your customers? If you don’t think you would like what they would say, change it!
This was a good exercise.
I took us out in prayer.