Pax: Oompa, Bloodshot, Redacted, Sister Act, Waterboy, Dirty Bird, Penny Marshall, Tenderfoot, Tom Tom, Invictus, Vanilla Ice, Folsom, Hoser, Huffy, Toadstool, Tugboat, Almost Famous.
Thursday, July 27, 2023. 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Ambient heat lightning to the North.
YHC started with a pre-run of the flat route with Oompa while Tom Tom took the high road on his own. T claps to Tom Tom.
For the workout, we started with the typical F3 stuff: F3 stands for fitness fellowship and faith. Our mission is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. Our five core principles are these: we are free, open to all men, always outside, led in a rotating fashion, and we end in a circle of trust. Motto: Leave no man behind and leave no man where you found him. I am not a professional; modify as necessary, y’all
Warmarama: We moseyed for a lap around the football field, then moved to the 25-yard line and circled up for a quick Warmarama.
- Grass grabbers – 15 in cadence
- Big ones – slow, in cadence
- Sun gods with calf raises – 10 reps in cadence forward, then same backward.
Pre-pre-thang: We did a three-part football drill with a lot of mountain climbers and raise the roofs.
- Part 1
- Everyone lined up shoulder to shoulder on the goal line.
- When Q yelled “down” drop down and start doing mountain climbers.
- When Q yelled “hike” stand up and stutter step while doing raise the roofs.
- Part 2
- Person all the way to the left is the receiver.
- Person who is next to the receiver is the quarterback.
- When Q yells “down”, do mountain climbers until QB says “hike”
- When the quarterback says “hike,” everyone do stutter steps with raise the roofs except the receiver will run a 10 yard in route.
- Receiver brings ball back to the next quarterback, and goes to the end of the line.
- Part 3
- If there is an incompletion, everyone has to do 3 burpees.
Omaha at 5:45
- Bear crawl to the 5 yard line, Bernie back.
- Bear crawl to the 10 yard line, Bernie back.
- Bear crawl to the 15 yard line, Bernie back.
- Bear crawl to the 20 yard line, Bernie back.
Omaha at 5:47
Thang: Partner up
20 reps of a core workout, sprint from goal line to goal line.
Omaha at 5:58. I planned to keep this part going until 6:05, but man was it freaking hot. I was dying, so I assumed other people were too.
Mary – Asked different pax to lead core workouts. We got in some lbcs, frozen freddies, box cutters, and you already know we ended with American Hammers rancid style.
- Shoe drive going on this week, check Slack for details.
- Shovel pass tomorrow at the Combine
- Folsom shared that someone in his circle was dealing with a family member who is undergoing treatment for a genetic condition that is affecting their kidneys and may also be impacting their siblings as it is a genetic condition.
- If you have a real choice between expanding your network and doubling down on your most important relationship, always double down on your most important relationships.
- There is a temptation to constantly be looking over the shoulders of the people in front of you. To widen your network, to grow your base.
- Simple thing is, you cannot go wrong by doubling down on your most important and impactful relationships. They will always bear fruit.
- This is not to say you should be closed minded. Instead, when you treasure the people you are closest to, it will open up doors you didn’t even know existed.
- It was liberating to me to realize that I did not have to try to keep up with everyone. Instead, it pays more dividends to focus on the ones to whom you are closest.