Overcast clouds, 26°F, Feels like 22°F, Humidity 60%, Wind 3mph from SSE
10 PAX: Jean Claude, Girl Dad, Crankbait, Double Dip, Fun Dip, Feeny, Scissorhands (FNG) Beans (Welcome Back), Dozer, Knobs
At 5:30 Knobs ran through the Core Five Principles with the PAX:
• Free of Charge
• Open to all men
• Held outdoors rain or shine
• Led by men in rotating fashion
• End in CoT; I am not a professional so modify as needed
Mission of F3 is to Plant, Serve & Grow small workout groups for the invigoration of Male community leadership! No FNG’s today so we’re gonna bring it! Credo is to Leave no man behind, but leave no man where you found him! No FNG’s today so let’s mosey for WarmARama!
At 5:32 YHC asked the PAX to mosey around the parking lot for WarmARama! We started WaR by doing ‘Bodies Hit the Floor’, which is a 3:00 min song where the PAX remain in the plank position, until they hear the word bodies or counting. When they say bodies, we merkin and when they count we did Groiners. After ‘Bodies’, we did Albatross Bat Wings (Sun Gods, Seal Claps, Chinooks and Cherry Pickers) which left our shoulders burning.
Pre-Thang: 5:38 (10 min) U.S.S Arizona Ladder Drill:
• Trivia: What is the Hull Number of the USS Arizona? Answer: BB-39. How many Decks (levels) below water line? Answer: 6
• Spread out at bottom of hill. Six Cones were placed 15 ft apart in the parking lot. These Six cones representing the six levels these sailers had to climb inside the USS Arizona.
• 1st Cone: 3 Lt. Dan’s & 9 WWII Sit-ups. Bear crawl to next cone.
• 2nd Cone: 3 Dive Bombers & 9 LBC. Bear crawl to next cone.
• 3rd Cone: 3 Lt. Dan’s & 9 WWII Sit-ups. Bear crawl to next cone.
• 4th Cone: 3 Dive Bombers & 9 LBC
• 5th Cone: 3 Lt. Dan’s & 9 WWII Sit-ups. Bear crawl to next cone.
• 6th Cone: 3 Dive Bombers & 9 LBC IC. Bear crawl to next cone.
• Turn around and repeat downhill in the same ladder style.
At 5:48 Knobs instructed the group to recover so they could mosey with a chain run down to the circle bridge for The Thang. This felt like a full workout and the PAX looked winded after the Pre-Thang. Little did they know what was coming next…
The Thang: (5:52)Three Man Grinder around the parking lot at Liberty Middle School. Number of by 3’s. Knobs demonstrated some of the exercises since there were some new ones from the exicon! Aye!
Station 1: A.R.I.Z.O.N.A. BB-39 608’
• Shoulder Press – 6
• Kettlebell Swings – 10
• Axe Chops – 8
• American Hammer – 10 w/ coupon
• Rinse & Repeat
Station 2: M.I.S.S.O.U.R.I. BB-63 887’
• Blockees – 8
• Goblet Squats – 8
• Thrusters – 7
• LBC 10 IC w/ coupon
• Rinse & Repeat
Group 3: Push
• Start with Group 2 and Run to Group 1. The run is approximately 1/10 of a mile between cones.
At 6:08 Knobs called ‘Omaha’ so we all gathered in the parking lot, picked up our coupons and so we could mosey as a group to the shovel flag for Mary.
• 15 Heal touches
• 15 Flutter Kicks
• 10 E2K
• 15 Sarpy Slammers Rancid style
• Recover so we could name our FNG
Our FNG got into the ring and started telling his story, which had many layers to it. Eventually after many names being shouted out, we came to the conclusion that he should be named “Scissorhands”. He was EH’d by Knobs!
Prayers & Announcements:
• Announcements: Blood Drive Dec 23rd, T-Claps for Heartland Hope Donations of time and money.
• Prayers for Trench’s Mother in Law, Pit Stops M, Swipers Daughter, Scissorhands friend with cancer.
President Franklin Roosevelt said to Congress during his declaration of war speech…. “Yesterday, December 7th, 1941—a date which will live in infamy—the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan….
The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. I regret to tell you that very many American lives have been lost. In addition, American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.
Yesterday, the Japanese government also launched an attack against Malaya.
Last night, Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong.
Last night, Japanese forces attacked Guam.
Last night, Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands.
Last night, the Japanese attacked Wake Island.
And this morning, the Japanese attacked Midway Island”
In total over 2400 lives were lost during these attacks. Many more American lives would be lost during World War II. I’m sure many of you have relatives or friends of family members who served. Many of you don’t know me personally, you may not even know my given name; Charles Nason Austin. I was named after my grandfather Colonel Charles Edward Nason Howard. He served in the Philippines, was captured on the Bataan peninsula and survived the Bataan Death March. He lived for 2 1/2 years as POW at Camp O’Donnell in the Philippines.
The similarities that those who serve in the Military and F3 is so apparent. Yes the physical aspects are hard, but the mental fortitude it takes to persevere and not give up on yourself or others takes more than physical strength. Many of us lean on each other outside beatdowns because we have all shared a similar bond. That trust and understanding is hard to find anywhere else outside the Military. I’m thankful for you all and appreciate all you have done for me and my family.