Date: 11/9/22 | Location: The Danger Zone | Start Time: 5:15 AM | Temp: 63
Title: “The Ups and Downs”
PAX (16) : Animal House, Farva, Kickstand, Busser, Firewalker, Black Tuesday, Levy, Rooney, Clubhouse, Swiper, Low Flow, Dozer, Duracell, Schrute, Feeney
Q: G String
Pre Runners: G String, Farva, Firewalker, Duracell, Razzle Dazzle, Busser, Schrute, Swiper (kind of)
At 5:13 am, Rooney came through as expected and lit up the glorious football field. At 5:15 am, G String welcomed the PAX to the Danger Zone, announcing that F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. The 5 core principles were recited – it’s free, open to all men, always outside, it’s held in a rotating fashion, and it ends in a circle of trust. G String covered the motto of F3, stating that we leave no man behind and no man where we found him. He disclaimed to the group that he is not a professional. There was no FNG’s. He asked if forgot anything and the PAX didn’t speak up; however, they failed to tell him that he left out the Mission Statement to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. The group circled up for a short WaR.
Warm a Rama:
- 10 x Cherry Pickers (IC)
- 10 x Big Ones (IC)
- 10 x Tappy Taps (IC)
- 10 x Side Straddle Hops (IC)
- Numbered off as 1’s and 2’s, getting in a line for a short chain run.
THE-THANG Part 1:
- Partner 1: Wall sit while partner bear crawls to sidewalk.
- Partner 2: Bear crawl to sidewalk. Perform 10 burpees. Bear crawl back to wall. Switch with partner.
- Complete cycle twice and hold wall sit until 6 is in.
- The chain run was reignited, and the group moseyed to the football field north endzone.
THE-THANG Part 2:
- Group 1 –
- 20 yard run – 20 heels to heaven
- 20 yard run – 20 heel touches
- 20 yard run – 20 big boys
- 20 yard run – 20 knee tucks
- 20 yard run – 20 WWI’s
- 100 yard sprint back
- Hold plank until 6 is in and group 2 is complete. Switch with Group 2.
- Group 2 –
- 1/4″ lap – 20 diamond merkins
- 1/4″ lap – 20 T merkins
- 1/4″ lap – 20 werkins
- 1/4″ lap – 20 hand release merkins
- Hold plank until 6 is in and group 1 is complete. Switch with Group 1.
THE-THANG Part 3:
- The two groups combined and ventured to the bleachers where they performed 10 dips on each step working our way to the top.
- They then traveled back to the flags where we performed several rounds of the wave, doing plank holds and squat holds, making it around the circle almost 10 times. The plank was turned into a low-level push-up hold for the last few rounds.
Name-o-Rama (see above list of PAX)
Announcements: Food pantry collection. Veterans Day Ruck Saturday. Veteran Honored Beatdown at the Farm led by our veteran brothers. Thankful trot and collection – info on Slack.
Prayers/Intentions: Many PAX brothers and their families going through tough times, including Tin Cup, Crankbait, Pit Stop. Busser friend for his bone complications. Our country and the leadership.
Danger Zone Award: Farva
Switching to the first person… I focused the workout around several up and down movements, using this as an analogy for life’s many ups and downs. Life can be easy when we’re on the up, but how do we react to when we’re on the down. The perseverance we show when we battle through tough times makes our stories worth sharing and those are the ones that really make us stronger. I encouraged the group to look at the down times as an opportunity of growth and once we’ve came out on top, use that experience to help other by lending out now gained strengths to those in need. You are the most capable and qualified individual to help the person you were yesterday.