August 4, 2022//Memorial Park//AO-Futurama //66 gorgeous degrees//
17 Pax: Schlitz, Flying V, Doll Face (Respect), Stapler, Hipster (Respect x3), E85, Rancid, Cyclone (Respect x2), Ranch, Animal (Respect), Demogorgon, FNG (forever hereinafter Sandy Bottoms—Welcome!), Rooster, Stiches, Othello, Polaroid, Folsom.
The PAX circled up round the shovelflags at the top of the stairs. Folsom entered the circle at exactly 05:30 to welcome the PAX. Folsom explained that he had plotted a course for today, but it was up the PAX as to how hard they pushed themselves and therefore how fast they accelerated. The mission statement was made, the 5 core principles were stated, the disclaimer was made, then Folsom lead the PAX on a partial lap around the circle drive before leading them to the center of the memorial for a warm up.
Warm O’ Rama 5:31
- Wall Sit for the 6, shake them out, wall sit for 30 count
- Balls to the Walls, 30 count
- Repeat first two
- Tappy Taps, ICx10
- S, S, H, ICx21, 1st 14 out loud, last 7 silent, if we don’t all stop together, 7 burpees, the PAX did not stop together, so another round was done, which also resulted in 7 burpees, but Folsom showed mercy and lead the PAX to the Pre-Thang
The Pre-Thang: Be a Hero 05:42
- Deconstructed Burpee Pyramid: Folsom had the PAX grab a partner and mosey over to the dog park. Folsom sees Burpees as 3 major movements, Merkin, Groiner, and Jump Squat. The pyramid moved up, 5 reps at a time, from 5 to 20 reps, and then back down, 20 to 5. While one partner did all 3 exercises, the other partner did S, S, H to pass the time. That Partner also got to “be a hero” to the partner doing all the work by giving him encouragement.
The Thang: 11’s (Counting is Hard)
- 11’s. Folsom lead the PAX around to the main part of the hill for a set of 11’s with a 20 yard bear crawl between the exercises. First exercise: Fox Hole x10, bear crawl up the hill, hop over the little wall and do Derkin x1. Bear crawl back down the hill, Fox Hole x9, Bear Crawl, Derkin x2, etc. Folsom and several of the PAX around him counted the Foxholes in a very weird way, instead of doing 1 Merkin and 1 Big Boys 10 times, they did 1 Merkin and 1 Big Boy, then 2 Merkins, 2 Big Boys, then 3 Merkins, 3 Big Boys, etc. all the way to 10 of each, it was a lot and took forever, so I only got up the hill twice. Some of the other guys went much faster, so they were closer to counting correctly. I’ll Q this again and get it right!
MOM: No Mary at Futurama!
Announcements/Prayers 6:08: First Friday lunch is tomorrow.
Mumblechatter: My favorite thing to hear when I’m Q-ing is someone telling me to fuck off. The second favorite thing is silence. I told the PAX they had to encourage each other during the Deconstructed Burpee Pyramid and they did, but during the 11’s there was zero mumble chatter, other than a few guys asking how to count the Foxholes and Folsom just totally fucking that up.
COT: Be a Hero to someone today. Yesterday, in his 1 year anniversary CoT, Q-Tip called Swiper his hero for brining him out to F3. He also recalled having many heroes that fist year for guys encouraging him and talking to him and keeping him coming out. I urged the PAX to go out and be a hero for someone today. It doesn’t take super powers, it takes little acts, like helping someone out at work, or asking the barista how her day is going so far. Little acts of kindness and encouragement go a long way. Be a hero!