Tuesday, August 2, 2022|Wild Kingdom|Lake Zorinsky, Omaha, NE | 75 degrees, 93% humidity, Wind 6.6 mi/h from SSW
“Roll The Dice in Circles”
18 Pax: Fine Print, Homeboy, Tax Man, Vlasic, Q-Tip, Robin Hood, Muffs, Sasquatch, Singlet, Rowdy, Crab Cakes, Cole – FNG, Cheap Seats, Bodji, Barn Door, Chippendale, Sweet Sweet, Swiper
4:45 am Smurh: Rowdy, Chippendale, Fine Print, Sasquatch, Singlet
5:00 am Pre Run: Cheap Seats, Barn Door, Swiper
I welcomed the Pax to F3 – and explained it is Fitness, Fellowship and Faith – reminding them of the mission to Plant, Serve and Grow small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
I covered the 5 core principles of F3. 1) Open to ALL men. 2. Always Free. 3) Always held outdoors, 4) Lead in a rotating fashion and 5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
We had 1 FNG, Cole.
I covered the Credo: Leave no man behind, but leave no man where you found him. We would test this out today, moving around and leaving no man behind!
I explained to the Pax this is my first time on the Q at Wild Kingdom and my first time here in over a year. I am excited to be back. We headed South on the trail towards Rolling Ridge Rd.
5:35 am Warm-a-rama:
We started at 161st Circle for WAR. We performed the following exercises:
- 10 Tappy Taps IC
- 3 Inchworms Down
- 5 SSHs IC
- Inchworm down
- 5 Merkins
- 5 Mountain Climbers IC
- Inchworm Up
- 5 SSHs IC
5:42 am The Thang: Let’s Roll
We proceeded to run a loop in the neighborhood stopping in many hilly circles and taking turns with the Pax rolling the dice and pressing our luck.
- First Circle was a big hill up Holmes Circle. We rolled the dice and did:
- 30 seconds of Air Squats
- 30 seconds of Heel Touches IC
- 15 Burpees
- 20 Merkins
- Second Circle was N Circle. We rolled and did:
- 30 Reps of High Knees
- 30 Reps of Lunges
- 15 Bonnies Blairs – IC
- WATER BREAK – choose your own – 20 Gas Pumpers IC
- We hit our third and final circle at the top of the hill, 161st Cirle. We rolled and we did:
- 90 Seconds of Glute Bridges / Oh Yeahs!
- 90 seconds of Knee Pull In – we did on our back
- 15 Dips on the curb
- 30 Walking Lunges
- Mosey’d back to the shovel flag
The oldest Pax at the workout – 67 year old Q-Tip, led the Pax back to the Shovel Flag. I had to run hard to catch up with him. That guy is really accelerating!
6:10 am 6MOM
- We did 18 Sarpy Slammers, Rancid Style.
6:12 am NOR
The Name-a-rama was completed – see above for list of those who posted. This was a mobile NOR, I ran ahead and grabbed my phone and went back and did the NOR on the move, second time I have done this and its pretty funny.
FNG – Cole was named Doubtfire
- Q-Tip has one year at Heavy Metal tomorrow
- Truly flag pass at Helix today
- Truly 1 year at Armory Friday
- Blood Drive
- Q-Tip getting the shovel flag pass for Oscar Mike on Saturday from Safe Ride
- StormBreaker Shovel Flag pass – Grease Fire to Mulch
- Whetstone Launch – Tee Ball
- Main Stage Shovel Flag pass from Sister Act to Rowdy/Bayside
- Canyon Shovel Flag pass from Side Dish / Spreadsheet to Gunner and Joe Buck
- Lisa, Girl Dad’s Father
- Trevor (Vlasic)
I explained the F3 is so much more than workouts and the true connections happen when we get to know the HIMs next to us. Pre Runs, Pre Rucks, Oscar Mike, Coffeteria, etc. Then I did one of my favorite things to do in COT, which is, “Who is the Six?” I had the sixth Pax from Sarpy Slammers’s Rancid Style, come to the middle of the circle and talk for a few minutes about himself. That was our boy Bill Rickley, or Sweet Sweet. He talked about his family, his M, who is a teacher in Millard. He talked about growing up at Bryan High School and having Nugent as his catcher in High School. He talked about how he lives 5 mins away and left his house at 5:22 am today. He shared from his heart and we all know him a little bit better now.
We all joined in the middle and put our hands on Sweet Sweet and I prayed us out to close out the workout.