“Love Who We Are”
Saturday, May 7, 2022|The Oracle|Boyston, Omaha, NE | 50 degrees, 91% humidity, Wind 6.1 mi/h from SE
23Pax: Stiches, Barber Shop, BetaMax, A-Bomb, Red Ranger, Diesel, Convoy, Da Vinci, Cheap Seats, Vandelay, Wait Time, Paddles, T-Bone, Hei Hei, Barn Door, Khakis, Tater Tot, Landsbury, Jack Rabbit, Mulligan, Swiper, + 2 FNGs
5:30am Pre Run: Cheap Seats, Tater Tot, Vandelay, Khakis, Swiper, Beta Max, Stitches, Red Ranger, *Swiper was late setting up and had to run solo and try and find them. First Fail of the day
6:00am Swiper welcomed the Pax to F3 – reminding them of the mission to Plant, Serve and Grow small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. He also mentioned that they were an International Organization now.
Swiper then covered the 5 core principles of F3. 1) Open to ALL men. 2. Always Free. 3) Always held outdoors, 4) Lead in a rotating fashion and 5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
There were two FNGs today!!!
Swiper reminded the PAX that I am not a professional. Modify as necessary, especially today with the storms looming and what I had planned. From this point forward there is a real risk of injury.
Swiper indicated we would mosey. We started by hoping up the stairs. Then we ran onto the football field for WAR.
6:10 am Warm-a-rama
We completed the following exercises:
- 15 Diamond Taps IC (4 count)
- 15 Rolfson’s – Squat Jump with arms raised
- 5 SSHs IC, 5 Jump Tucks, Touch Toes, Inchworm down, 5 Clap Merkins, 5 Mountain Climbers IC, 5 Tempo Merkins IC, Inchworm back up, 5 Jump Tucks, 5 SSHs IC. Rinse and Repeat, we did this twice.
- We went to the lights on the goal line. We would Sprint 100 yards. 3 times. Khakis got a few head starts. One of the FNGs, Ryan, was pushing the pace. Nice.
6:20 Pre Thang – Circles and Maverick Merkins
- We would run to Walsh Drive to the first circle, Franciscan Cir and we would do Broad Jumps around the a circle.
- We would run to the next circle and do Lunges around the circle.
- Then we would run down Norton Drive and and bear crawl around the roundabout.
- Then we would run to Dowd Dr to the lights.
6:35 Pre Thang #2
- We got into Groups of 3 or the right number for Maverick Merkins. Switch at top and bottom and do 25 Maverick Merkins. Start at the top. AMRAP. This was clearly the first time many of these Pax had completed this exercise. I got a few asks, are we done. Smile. Let’s keep going.
- Omaha. Then Alligator Merkin down, Bernie Sanders Back up. We did this twice and I did bring the light back up much closer to the top.
- Omaha. Then we walked down to the light and Crawl Bear Back up to the curb. We would Then run East across the field on the path to the loop with the Boystown Sign.
6:47 The Thang – Stations
- Station #1 – Burpees – do 1, jump the wall, do one on that side. AMRAP
- Station #2 – Derkins – 25, X-Factor 25 IC. Rinse and Repeat
- Station #3 – 20 Donkey Kicks, 20 Second Wall Sit, 20 Chicken Peckers IC. Rinse and Repeat.
- Station #4 – 25 Jump Ups, 25 Dips. Rinse and Repeat.
- Station #5 – 50 Low Dollies – on open, 25 Werkins. Rinse and Repeat.
- Station #6 – Run Loop, Push to #1
When my group with Convoy, Tater Tot and Cheap Seats got to Station #1 we started hammering through the Burpees. Fun Laughs around, then Group 5, pushing to group 6, went the wrong way, which went, we were doing AMRAP Burpees.
5:55am 6 MOM
- Sarpy Slammers, Rancid Style
- The Name-a-rama was completed – see above for list of those who posted.
- We had Two FNGs – Welcome Side Salad and Bunny Slope!
- Brick Builder on 5-21
- There were no prayer requests today, but if you are the first to mention this sentence, I will post where you want me to and coffee is on me!
Swiper opened by hugging your self. Love yourself first. Know that God created you in his image and likeness, and you are a one of a kind miracle. And to be a true HIM that lifts up others, it starts with loving your self and the person God Created.
From there, be the kind of person that gives more than they take. And I am not talking about gift giving, buying coffee or charity. I am talking about your ora or your presence.
COT – Hug Yourself, physically wrap your arms around yourself. Squeeze. To be a true HIM, one who lifts up others, love others, lights up others, you must start with love of thyself. Love who you are, take care of your body, mind, soul. Know that you are made in the image and likeness of God. He made you like you are, for a reason. It brought you to this moment. Crazy to think about.
Now take that, and take loving yourself to others. Make sure that in your interactions, you are adding to folks, not taking away. Building up, not tearing down. I then talked about my VQ, talking about walking around with a bucket and a spoon, when you interact with others, are you adding to their bucket or are you taking out of their bucket? Make sure your next interaction adds to someone else’s bucket!
Think about how you enter a room. Does the mood lift when you get home, or does it drop? Everytime you interact with someone, ask yourself, are they better off having been around me? If you answer Yes more than no, you are in a good spot. If you answer No more than yes, just focus on making sure the next person you interact with, is better off then when you found them.
Thanks for showing up today!
I took us out in Prayer.