Friday, April 22, 2022|The Farm|Saryp County Fairgrounds, Springfield, NE | 60 degrees, 98% humidity, But luckily the rain and lightening was done.
“Who we are”
12 Pax: Swiper, Ferdinand, Shrute, Longhorn, Rooney, Mortar, Girl Dad, Baby Shark, HuHot, Q-Tip, Trench, Tony The Tiger
4:45am Pre Run: Swiper stopped on 2nd Street and a set up some cones and then met Trench and Q-Tip at the Flag. Girl Dad showed up a minute later. We took off and decided to run the MoPac trail today, and stay off the high dirt roads with the threat of lightening. On our way back in the dark we were greeted by a fast moving animal in the dark…..Ferdinand. Nice run this this am. I like this option for a pre run.
Another fun fact, I think I successfully sold Girl Dad on using Q-Tip for a car detailing for his M, Tiffany. More on this in future Backblasts.
5:15am Swiper welcomed the Pax to F3 – reminding them of the mission to Plant, Serve and Grow small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. He also mentioned that they were an International Organization now.
Swiper then covered the 5 core principles of F3. 1) Open to ALL men. 2. Always Free. 3) Always held outdoors, 4) Lead in a rotating fashion and 5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
There were no FNGs today.
Swiper reminded the PAX that I am not a professional. Modify as necessary, especially today with the storms looming and what I had planned. From this point forward there is a real risk of injury.
Swiper instructed the Pax we would mosey up main street. But we would do so having one Pax carry my coupon the entire time. I grabbed it. When we stop we would rotate an Exercise with the coupon each time we stopped.
- We mosey’d up the Main Street Hill. We stopped at the top for a WAR. One PAX would do 20 Jumps over the coupon and then rotate.
- 10 Tappy Taps IC
- 10 Tater Taps IC
- 10 Sprinklers IC (Each Way)
- 15 Rolfson’s – Squat Jump with arms raised
- Blockee Wave, SSH around in a circle until you get to the coupon and do a Blockee when you come to the coupon
- We would then run North on 2nd St. and stop at the bottom of the hill.
5:28 Pre Thang 1 – 11s
- We performed 11s with Contra Burbpees at the top and Box Cutters IC at the bottom. Super Mario up the hill, run down the hill. The Pax with the coupon would do AMRAP Coupon Curls. This proved to be a tough start to the day. Many Pax had not done Contra Burbpees before and 10 of them on the first set equated to 55 Merkins with 10 of those as Burbpees. Excellent choice I thought. We did this for about 8-9 mins and then mosey’d North. We would then run North to The PitStop Gas Station. We stopped in the stalls right in front of our Coffeteria, Black Sheep Coffee. I asked that Pax what would be the appropriate exercies in a Gas Station. Girl Dad appropriated answered, “Gas Pumpers”. We would start with non other than 25 Gas Pumpers IC. Then we would do 25 Monkey Humpers IC with our back site pointed at the best retail coffee in the Springfield and could go toe to toe with anywhere in Omaha. Sorry Slow Roast, I am sure you aren’t reading this anyway. One Pax with the coupon would do AMRAP Shoulder Presses, Then we would run down to the MoPac Trail Trailhead.
5:42 The Thang – MoPac Mania
- We got into Groups of 3 or the right number for Maverick Merkins. We had exactly 12 Pax which was a great sign from my Lord to put the coupon in the grass for a few minutes. I would Have 1 Pax do 25 Maverick Merkins – and then all three would Broad Jump across the parking lot and switch. Rinse and repeat. until Omaha. We did it so each Pax got two reps of Maverick Merkins.
- Next we did Alligator Merkin to the other side of the parking, which always get MumbleChatter in high gear, even more so then the Contra Burbpees. We did that once with 20 Heels to Heaven IC and then 20 Werkin Derkins (Decline Werkins).
- We then grabbed the coupon and headed back down the dark MoPac Trail to the Shovel Flags. HuHot was fondly reminiscing about the funny Animal House did here about a month ago. It’s on the way back that I met Longhorn. I am so thankful for Gator reaching out to me and pushing Longhorn to come back out. Another example the ongoing EH battle to keep Sad Clowns out of the Fartsack. Tea Claps Gator!
5:55am 6 MOM
- 10 Big Boys
- 20 Chloe’s IC
- 23 Sarpy Slammers, Rancid Style (I had to grab my phone first time around)
- The Name-a-rama was completed – see above for list of those who posted.
- Convergence is tomorrow on 4-23
- Blood Drive on 4-29
- Brick Builder on 5-21
- HuHot talked about the marriage conference he and his wife are hosting at their church. They are up to 30 families and picked up 10 in the last day. Sign up!
- Trench mentioned next Saturday, the 30th, at Miller’s Landing Downtown, There is a run for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- Huhot and his M Stacey and their marriage conference
- The soul of Drew Henderson, who passed away and his family, he was a friend of Baby Shark
- Erin, Longhorn’s friend who is battling with health issues
Swiper opened his COT by reading from his daughter Haylie’s calendar, You are a Badass. It says “We throw a wet blanket of ho-hummers over our lives when we live in fear of what others might think, instead of in celebration of WHO WE ARE.
Then I continued the message by stressing to Be yourself. Don’t let the world define who you are and what is and isn’t valuable or important. Look around at the men here and continue to grow to be a better man, husband, father, worker and spiritual leader, but No one can define Who You Are or why you are great except you and your Lord. Thanks for showing up today!
I took us out in Prayer.