16 PAX: grease fire, tony the tiger, lincoln log, doctor thunder, swiper, farva, girl dad, pain killer, blades of glory, flowers, gump, duracell, irish car bomb, animal house, speedsquare, grillz
Grillz welcomed the PAX, gave the mission statement, core principles, and the disclaimer that he is in no way a professional. PAX moseyed as a unified group to the first SOP stop for warm-a-rama. The SOP went in a circle around the stadium and consisted of two mini grinders.
- Mosey, then:
- 20 reps each: Squats, bobby hurley, squat jumps
- Mosey, then break into groups of two:
- At the start location groups will do the same 10 exercises (listed below), 22 reps each. Groups will then run about 200 yards and complete 1 exercise, The Burpee, 10 reps. Continue this pattern until Omaha is called and Q leads the group to continue the SOP.
- Chain run mosey (last PAX Sprints to Front), then:
- 10 reps each: Groiner, Jump Squat, goofballs
- Chain run rosey, then:
- 10 reps each: Merkins, mountain climber, double wide merkins (R&R 2x)
- Chain run mosey, then break into two larger groups:
- At the start location groups will do the same 10 exercises (listed below), 22 reps each. Groups will then run about 200 yards and complete 1 exercise, The Burpee, 10 reps. Continue this pattern until Omaha is called and Q leads group to continue the SOP.
- Chain run mosey to flags for Mary:
- One round of Rancid Style American Hammers (not Sarpy Slammers)
22 reps each:
- The Bobby Hurley
- The Plank Jack (IC)
- The Carolina Dry Dock
- The Copperhead squat (IC)
- The Yogi Werkin
- The Monkey Humper (IC)
- E2K (11 each side)
- The Flutter Kick (IC)
- The Squat Jump
- The Ranger Merkin
Back at Flags by 6:10 for NOR, Announcements, Prayers, and COT:
Prayers for Irish Car Bomb and his daughter paisley who needs heart surgery
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
As HIM, we often spend most of our days leading in our families, at work, and in the community but we rarely take time to focus on the leadership of who we are following, our Q source. Sure, we read books, listen to podcasts about faith and leadership, and spend time focusing on being better leaders. Grillz found that over the past years he had given a lot of time to focusing on being a better leader but struggles to fully submit to the leadership from his Q source: Jesus. For the first time, Grillz competed the 8 Block and committed to a word for the year for 2022: Shepherded. The word came out of the idea that he does not spend enough time allowing himself to be led. Not enough time receiving feedback and input from those around him. Not enough time in study and prayer. Not enough ‘go with the flow’ when he is not in control.
After the 2022 Impact retreat last month, Grillz wanted to commit to allow himself to be ‘shepherded’ this year. Since the beginning of the year, many opportunities have presented themselves as tests to this 2022 commitment. As a guy who likes to be in control, this year will likely present many more tests to allow himself to be fully shepherded. Being vulnerable and sharing this goal with his brothers will hopefully provide accountability in his new goal.
We have enough to worry about each day, Grillz challenged himself and the other HIM to take each day as it comes, do not worry about what might happen tomorrow and how you will try to control it. Allow yourself to give these worries and desires to control over to the Q source and see how you will be shepherded.