02/22/2022, 5:30am | The Sanitarium | Omaha, NE| 6F. Feels like -11F. Light Snow, Wind at 17.8mph
“We are not common men”
# of PAX: 14
Prerun: Jean Claude, Double Dip, Animal House, KOA. Cobalt Preran around the track on his own.
KOA welcomed the Pax to F3 – reminding them of the mission to Plant, Serve and Grow small workout groups for the re-invigoration of male community leadership.
KOA went on to cover the 5 core principles of F3.
1) Open to ALL men.
2) Always Free.
3) Always held outdoors
4) Lead in a rotating fashion
5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
He reminded PAX that he is not a professional and that PAX may need to modify as necessary.
The PAX were led down the stadium stairs to the track where we ran counterclockwise around the track for an easy warm up lap. We ended on the Northeast side and performed the following Warm-o-Rama.
15 Side Straddle Hops in Cadence
15 Windmills in Cadence
10 Sun Gods forward in Cadence
10 Sun Gods backwards in Cadence.
PAX transitioned over to the hill. We performed 3 rounds of Sprints up the hill followed by 15 Chicken Peckers on the fence in cadence. PAX complained and KOA found joy in this. It was cold and hard to keep our feet up on the icy fence.
05:40am The Thang
PAX counted off into groups of 4 and KOA was “Not Happy About That”. He asked PAX to count off into groups of 5 instead. PAX were instructed on the rules of the grinder and The Thang began. Each group performed the following workout together.
Sprint 100 yard, then complete 100 Burpees total as a group
Sprint 200 yards, then complete 200 Carolina Dry Docks total as a group
Sprint 300 years, then complete 300 Groiners total as a group
Sprint 400 yards, then complete 400 LBC’s total as a group
Bernie Sanders 300 yards, and then complete 300 jump squats total as a group
Bernie Sanders 200 yards, and then complete 200 jump squats total as a group
Bernie Sanders 100 yards, and then complete 100 burpees total as a group
KOA didn’t realize until writing this backblast that he forgot Sarpy Slammers Rancid style at the end of the workout…doh!
We then went into Name-o-rama. Animal House gave KOA a hard time for not having an IPhone and some words were exchanged. They are still friends. The following member were present for a total of 14 PAX members: Knobs, Animal House, Duracell, Flowers, Truck Stop, Styx, Double Dip, Jean Claude, Squeaky Clean, Cobalt, Baby Shark, Sweet Roll, Levy and KOA.
- PAX asked to remember the poker tournament this weekend for the foundation
- PAX reminded to keep Paisley, ICB’s daughter in your prayers
- PAX reminded to keep Smash Mouth and his family in your prayers
- PAX reminded to keep Lindsay, Pit Stops wife in your prayers as she prepares for surgery this week.
- PAX asked to remember the 3rd F opportunity for Blood Donations at the end of February and the Apex for our city parks.
- PAX reminded about 2nd F Coffee at Starbucks
KOA stated that history was on his side today. 42 years ago to the date, 4.22.1980, the USA Men’s National Hockey Team went out and shocked the world beating the Russians 4-3 in the Olympics. That team exemplifies many of the core values we as F3 have to offer. In that movie many memorable quotes were provided. Here are a few and how they remind KOA of F3.
- “When you put on that Jersey, the name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one on your back.” As F3 HIM we come into this group and drop all of our baggage at the door. Most of us don’t even know each other by our first names. We receive an F3 name and live up to the F3 principles from there on out.
- This cannot be a team of common men because common men go nowhere. We are uncommon men. KOA reflected on the fact that common men would not be out exercising in the sub-zero temperatures and snow. We are uncommon men and we do extraordinary things. F3 is goes far beyond the First F, and we need to remember to continually find ways to be uncommon.
- Great moments are born from great Opportunity. Finally KOA reflected on the success of the PAX and their ability to push forward countless 3rd F opportunities which have developed into great moments. Keep accelerating, keep finding ways to make a difference. It is what this group is all about.
KOA took us out in Prayer.