Q, 1/19/2022, Danger Zone
Temp – 17 degrees, feels like 0
Pre-Runners – Trench, Borat
PAX – Trench, Borat, double Dip, Oompa, Gobbler, Feeney, Echo
Welcome to F3 Omaha
F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith
This morning will focus on the first F–Fitness
What you do with the rest of your day is up to you.
You are participating at your own risk
You are responsible for your own well being
You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
Know your limits and do the best you can
I am not a professional
- The mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for the (re)invigoration of male community leadership.
Five Core Principles
- Free of charge
- Open to all men
- Held outdoors
- Peer led
- Ends with a COT
- Balls to the wall—progress down: hi, mid, lo
- Dirty hookups—facing wall 4 count
- Wall squats
- Carolina drydocks
- Johnny dramas
- Dips (on curb or bleachers)
- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) power to control storms = lighting = thunder = echo
- 40 seconds of mountain climbers
- 40 seconds of bodyweight squats
- 40 seconds of plank shoulder taps
- 40 seconds of reverse lunges
- 40 seconds of bicycle sit-ups (Freddie Mercurys)
- Count-o-rama: Sarpy Slammers (twice around)
“When I was sixteen, I had just two things on my mind – girls and cars. I wasn’t very good with girls. So I thought about cars. I thought about girls, too, but I had more luck with cars.
Let’s say that when I turned sixteen, a genie had appeared to me. And that genie said, ‘Warren, I’m going to give you the car of your choice. It’ll be here tomorrow morning with a big bow tied on it. Brand-new. And it’s all yours.’
Having heard all the genie stories, I would say, ‘What’s the catch?’ And the genie would answer, ‘There’s only one catch. This is the last car you’re ever going to ge tin your life. So it’s got to last a lifetime.’
If that had happened, I would have picked out that car. But, can you imagine, knowing it had to last a lifetime, what I would do with it?
I would read the manual about five times. I would always keep it garaged. If there was the least little dent or scratch, I’d have it fixed right away because I wouldn’t want it rusting. I would baby that car, because it would have to last a lifetime.
That’s exactly the position you are in concerning your mind and body. You only get one mind and one body. And it’s got to last a lifetime. Now, it’s very easy to let them ride for many years. But if you don’t take care of that mind and that body, they’ll be a wreck forty years later, just life the car would be.
It’s what you do right now, today, that determines how your mind and body will operate ten, twenty, and thirty years from now.”
― Warren Buffett
- Gobbler led us out in a short prayer