PAIN AND THE 2 INGREDIENTS
12/1/21 Top Rope/Aldrich Elementary School – 38 degrees, calm wind
27 PAX: Tugboat, Jeeves, Obi Wan, Killswitch, Barbershop, Kobayashi, HardHat, Lucky Charms, Doppler, Othello, Wentworth, Super Tasty, Edison, Lite Brite, Supafly, Griswold, Beaver, Blades of Glory, Splints, Tin Cup, Zee-bo, Skidz, Scoober, Honey Maid, Gator, U-Haul, YHC.
Oompa welcomed the PAX to F3 Omaha at 5:30 AM. The Mission Statement, Disclaimer, and 5 Core Principles (with echo), and motto were given. An inquiry about FNGs was also made, but no FNGs were in attendance. The men then moseyed to the soccer field west of the school.
- Stretched and did the following exercises:
- Tappy Taps IC x15
- Big Ones IC x15
- Imperial Walkers IC x15
- Warm-up “PAIN!”:
- “Believer” – Imagine Dragons
- Verse: Moroccan Night Clubs, Side-Straddle Hops,Cherry Pickers, Side-Straddle Hops, Goofballs
- Chorus: on “PAIN!” PAX performed a Sweet Roll Burpee (12 total)
- “Believer” – Imagine Dragons
Blackjack for ~8 minutes
- Pax lined up on the hill on east side of soccer field.
- Performed 1 Alarm Clock – Ran to other sideline – Performed 20 Merkins – Ran back
- Performed 2 Alarm Clocks – Ran to other sideline – Performed 19 Merkins – Ran back
- Repeated until Sarpy (you know, like Omaha, but not quite there yet, lol) was called at 5:46 am
Teams of 2 PAX worked together to reach cumulative exercise goals of 100, 150, and 200 reps. PAX 1 executed as many reps as possible on the west side of the school while PAX 2 ran around the school to the shovel flag, making a full circuit and returning to his partner.
Exercises were as follows:
- Round 1:
- 100 Mountain Climbers – IC
- 150 Dollys
- 200 Bobby Hurley’s
- Round 2:
- 100 Plank Jacks
- 150 WWI Sit Ups
- 200 Air Squats
Mumble chatter was strong during the exercises due to the long duration of the run and the general friendliness of the pax. Also, Othello was in attendance, so the mood was kept light and lively. Omaha was called at 6:06 AM.
Flustered and tired, YHC called on the pax to recommend two sets/15 reps of Mary:
- Scoober: Reverse Table Top Extensions x15
- Tugboat: “Tugboat” Gas Pumpers x15
Announcements and Prayers
Prayers for Jeeves friend battling COVID and in patient-directed care. Thoughts with Wentworth and Jeeves starting new opportunities in their professional careers. 3rd F opportunities for December. Other VQs this week (7 in six days!!!).
“The Two Ingredients”
Sociologists identify Two Basic Ingredients for building relationships:
1. Continuous, unplanned interaction
2. Shared vulnerability
YHC has great relationships with a few pax member prior to F3:
– Skidz: Ingredient 1: Went to school with him since kindergarten (Wayne America baby!) Saw each other every day for 13 years. Our parents both taught us in school. Ingredient 2: Our lives have been affected dramatically by cancer, in different ways. A single conversation YHC had with Skidz after Oompa Sr passed away in 2016 has stuck with me and helped me for the last 6 years.
– Lucky Charms: Ingredient 1: roommate in college. Lots of lake weekends and bachelor parties since. Ingredient 2: Dudes have a way of being vulnerable when they live together. Unfortunately, Pat has probably seen Oompa hammered and naked more than almost anyone on planet earth, and not always at the same time. Without Pat, YHC would have been very sad and lonely during final year of college after my other close friends graduated.
– Scoober: Ingredient 1: Brother-in-law. Married to twins. Hang out withfily at birthdays, weekends, holidays, etc. Ingredient 2: Help each other through hard times dealing with wives/family/kids. Without Josh I wouldn’t have be able to handle the stresses of life with kids/wives when I’m at my low points.
However, how often do the Two Basic Ingredients happen by luck or by chance for paxin middle age? Answer: never
YHC loves F3 because it provides those two ingredients to me on a daily basis, and helps me remember to seek those out in my life.
Oompa thanked the pax for their attendance and support. We ended in prayer.