Saturday, October 16 | The Canyon | Gallup | 36 degree wind chill
PAX (10): Rancid (DR), Pantyhose, Chucky, Spreadsheet (Hate), Othello, Cyclone (Respect! Respect!), Delilah (Hate), Al Borland, IH (FNG, Hate), Sparty
Pre-runners: Pantyhose, Chucky, Sparty
YHC was excited to be back in Omaha and on the Q this morning. I was heading down early for a quick set up and hoping to get in a pre-run, not knowing if anyone else would be there. Luckily, at 6:18am, Pantyhose shot me a text asking about the pre-run. I pulled up to both PH and Chucky, and I knew what ensued, a lot of mumblechatter. I quickly set out two cones in the grass then quickly heard chirping from Chucky about the grass being wet. As we crossed the pedestrian bridge into Iowa, a plethora of insulting comments were made as Chucky shared his displeasure for the state and their football team. PH took it like a champ and YHC just did his best Slow Pitch and concentrated on breathing. As we arrived back in the parking lot, we were greeted by 7 PAX and 6 Shovel Flags.
As 7am struck my watch, I slowly greeted the PAX as I was trying to stall as Squints told me he would be there and wasn’t yet. In pure Sparty fashion, I forgot to ask about FNGs, but nailed the mission statement, core principles, and disclaimer. As our man Griswold appreciates, we skipped the Warm-a-rama and jumped right into things.
- Beaver Run: we made our way to the river and then went south as we switched off from moseying like zombies and people getting arrested and mixed in merkins along the way. As we completed 8 minutes of this, we arrived at the pre-Thang.
- Tabata: 20 sec of work, 10 sec rest
- Burpee box jumps
- Burpee Box jumps
- Step ups
- Toe taps
- Burpee box jumps
While we worked through the Tabata, most of the men took the 10 second rest to catch their breath. Chucky saw this as an opportunity to complain. However, this did come across as a compliment to YHC as he asked if we would ever let off the gas pedal. As we wrapped up the Pre-Thang, we took a nice mosey back to where the shovel flags are planted. The PAX arrived to the cones as it was time for the Thang.
- 2-Man Grinder: One partner would back-pedal to the cone then Bear Crawl back to replace their partner exercising.
- 50 Burpees
- 75 Squat Jumps
- 100 Mountain Climbers IC
- 150 American Hammers IC
- As expected, there was quality mumblechatter during the beatdown. Chucky complained, Othello burped, and the back pedaling proved to be a time to crush quads but spur conversations. As I quickly picked up on that this grinder was a little more challenging than I anticipated, I called an audible at 7:40am and shut down the grinder. We then took a nice mosey through the grass over to Abbott Drive where we posted up on the sidewalk for the Post-Thang.
- Give the people what they want: we then proceeded to share a treat with the passengers heading to the airport………or strip club
- Monkey Humpers 15 IC
- Pickle Pushers 15 IC
- Pickle Pointers 15 IC
- Oh Yeahs 15 IC
I was waiting for someone to honk, which would have promptly halted the exercises, but it never came. However, as we got into formation and rocked out some Oh Yeahs, I man was on the opposite side of the road walking by and couldn’t take his eyes off of us. He tried looking away 6 times, but his curious eyes kept bringing himself back to our pelvic thrusts. As we completed the final exercise, we then made our way back to the shovel flags on a smooth mosey.
- Gas Pumpers 15 IC
- Heel Touches 15 IC – I was going to stop here, but the complaining form Chucky continued
- Dying Cockroaches 15 IC
- American Hammers Rancid Style
Name-a-rama: we had a beautiful sunrise in the background, plenty of hate and lots of Respect for Cyclone!
FNG: To my knowledge, this was our first FNG from Council Bluffs that made their way across the river for a beatdown. Our man spent his youth growing up on a farm, so the natural question became clear, “Red or green.” And while there was much debate on how we make Case International Harvester into an F3 name, YHC landed on IH. Welcome brother!
Prayers: Delilah’s for a soldier in the middle-east, Chucky’s for a recent death, Sparty’s uncle is in ICU with Covid, and continued prayers for Nikki.
Nugent Shovel Flag pass: Spreadsheet to Pantyhose. I love the energy surrounding this.
COT: As the recent passing of Nugent continues to fill my thoughts and emotions, I find myself thinking a lot about Legacy. For me, I continue to go back to Q-Source. What might help you guys is asking yourself “What-What.” What happens when I die, and What does that mean about the way I live? This continues to encourage me to live a life of being a servant and living 3rd. Spend some time thinking about this over the weekend and make a commitment to how you want to make an Impact with your life. I’ll leave you with a quote to ask yourself each day, “How many people had a better day as a result of coming in contact with me?”