10/15/2021, The Armory
PAX: Toadstool, Chippendale, Thor, Truly, Yodel, Griswald, Cheap Seats, Hard Hat, Barn Door, Fine Print, Ozark (Respect), Cradle, Lite Bright, Obi Wan, Gator, Treble Hook (hate-hate), T-ball, Blades of Glory, Slap Shot, and Slick.
Q – Patton
It was a beautiful 47 degree morning. When YHC pulled into the lot and a group of pre runners were departing. At 0530 21 PAX were gathered (knowing the General does not take kindly to his Company being tardy) there was a lot of mumble chatter in anticipation of what they knew was going to be a momentous beatdown. To get the PAX attention YHC announced “Officer on deck!” This brought the PAX to silence. YHC covered the mission statement, core principles, and disclaimer.
Patton led the PAX on a short mosey over the bridge, to the center of the soccer field where the PAX formed a circle for Warm-a-rama.
10 – SSH (IC)
10 – Cherry Pickers (IC)
10 – Windmills (ISLOWC)
10 – Tappy Taps (IC)
YHC split the pax into 2 squads – Blue Squad and Red Squad
Blue squad did AMRAP exercises on west end of the field while Red squad ran to the east end and did 10 burpees and Al Gore to the six to relieve Blue squad.
- Big Boys
- Frozen Freddy’s
- Imperial Walkers
Mumble chatter was non-existent other than complaining about the burpees YHC called Omaha and had the pax circle up for the Thang. YHC had the PAX count off into 4 Fireteams for the Thang
7 of Diamonds
Performed in a large diamond on the parking lot. For the first round, the PAX did 7 reps of burpees at each of the 4 corners with a mosey (or sprint) in between corners. Each round, increased by 7 reps with a different exercise each round, for a total of 4 rounds. Round 2, 14 merkins at each of the 4 corners. Round 3, 21 bobby hurleys at each of the 4 corners. Round 4, 28 SSH (IC) at each of the 4 corners.
YHC smiled when he heard rumblings about doing burpees again. It was a beautiful morning and the only sound you heard was heavy breathing and counting in cadence.
YHC called Omaha at the completion of the fourth round.
YHC had the pax circle up for
- Marge and Homers
- Scissor kicks
10 – Diamond Merkins
10 – Merkins
10 – Workins
10 – Alligator Merkins Right arm forward
10 – Alligator Merkins Left arm forward
YHC ended the beatdown with American Hammers Rancid Style
2.0 workouts on October 30th costumes highly recommended / required
Nemo’s Cross Country season came to an end with the team finishing 5th in the district and 2 runners qualified for state next week.
Toadstool – prayers for Maryann and Bill
T-ball – prayers for Monte’s surgery
Truly – prayers for Ann’s labor
YHC – prayers for Bill and Craig
YHC explained that this beatdown was inspired by one of his hero’s – General Norman Schwarzkopf.
Norman Schwarzkopf died on December 27, 2012 at age 78. Born in Trenton, NJ. Schwarzkopf graduated from West Point and rose through the ranks of the US Army eventually becoming a four star General. Schwarzkopf commanded Operation Desert Storm, successfully driving out Saddam Hussein’s Iraqi forces from Kuwait in 1991. While he was known to many as “Stormin Normin”, the men under his command simply called Schwarzkopf “The Bear”.
YHC read 10 quotes from Gen. Schwarzkopf that encapsulate his views on leadership and war.
10. “Do what is right, not what you think the high headquarters wants or what you think will make you look good.”
9. “You learn far more from negative leadership than positive leadership. Because you learn how not to do it.”
8. “War is a profane thing.”
7. “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.”
6. “True courage is being afraid, and going ahead and doing your job anyhow, that’s what courage is.”
5. “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It take a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.”
4. “When placed in command, take charge.”
3. “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in battle.”
2. “Any soldier worth his salt should be anti war; and still there are things worth fighting for.”
- “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without strategy.”
YHC took us out in prayer