October 16, 2021|Gretna City Park| AO – Dragon’s Lair | 55°
PAX : Mr. Miyagi, Ketchup, Dog mitt, Lincoln Logs, Slick, Griswold, Bloodshot, Treble Hook, T-Ball, Grease Fire, Professor, Fine Print, Tonight Show, Obi wan, Yodel, HardHat, The Plague
Q: The Plague
The Plague welcomed the PAX to a beautiful morning at Dragon’s Lair.
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
- SSH – 20 IC
- Imperial Walkers – 20 IC
- Sun gods – 20 IC (10 each direction)
- Air Squat Hold – 10 count
- Air Squat Punches – 10 IC
- Squat Jumps – 10
Rinse and repeat x2 – mumble chatter and legs burning at the end of this AO specialty
Hungry Hungry Dragons
- PAX split into four groups and each gathered around a bucket at the corners of the tennis court
- There was a bucket in the middle with pieces of paper
- Each piece of paper had a number written in a specific color
- YHC said go, PAX grabbed paper from center bucket and placed in team bucket in relay style while other PAX held plank or Bobby Hurley’s.
- At the end of the round, teams counted the total number for each color and did the following exercises
- Burpees – Blue
- Merkins – Plumb
- Jump Tucks – Green
- Mountain Climbers – Orange
- We did this twice but in between we did one partner chase relay
- 1 partner lay down other behind him.. yell go then both run try to catch the other
- PAX moseyed to cone and completed the following sets. Each set was followed by a down and back mosey to the wooden fence.
- Set 1
- 10 Burpees
- 20 Merkins
- Set 2
- 10 Air Squats
- 20 Mountain Climbers
- Set 3
- 10 Plank Jacks
- 20 Groiners
- PAX moseyed to bottom of the hill behind the baseball field. Completed total reps of exercises together. One PAX did exercises while the other did Bernie Sander up and run back down the hill 5 times before switching
- 100 Bobby Hurley’s
- 150 Hand release Merkins
- 200 Jump Tucks
- 150 Makhtar N’Diayes
Omaha was called and PAX moseyed back to the shovel flags for Mary.
- Amazing Spidermans – 20 IC (10 each leg)
- Shakira’s/J-Los – 20 IC
- Rancid-style American Hammers – 17 IC
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared on how to deal with “Those People” that often offend you
- We all have people that get under our skin and frustrate us. We must realize that being offended is inevitable but because of the grace of God, living offended is a choice. I’ve never been a better person, more loving, or made a difference in the lives of others when I’m angry or living offended. Every single minute I’m angry/offended I lose a minute of joy, peace and opportunity to make a difference to someone else. As HIM and followers of Jesus, we’re called to deal with offense differently – we’re called to resolve conflict by living alongside people and remaining kind, compassionate and loving towards them. A dark and divided world needs united men and we’re not here to make a point, we’re here to make a difference. We must remember how much grace we’ve been given and extend that same grace and forgiveness to others.
- Let’s go out and choose to live differently and be the voice of encouragement and healing. May the words we speak only lift others up and when we do speak truth help us to speak the truth in love.
- “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139:23-24
- 10/21 – Launch of Steel Mill at Halleck Park – High Life leading this weights-based workout site. Will meet every Thursday at 0530
- 10/22 – Launch of The Armory at Ta-Ha-Zouka Park – Gator leading this bootcamp based workout site. Will meet every Friday at 0530
- 10/30 – Saturday – various options for 2.0 workouts and costumes encouraged at all locations. Dragon’s Lair will start at 0700 instead of 0600 that day.
- Prayers for injured PAX, our Nation, our Community