October 15, 2021|Stinson Park| AO – The BrickYard | 52°
PAX : Safe Ride, Diddy, Chiclets, Huffy, Folsom, Polaroid, Smashmouth, Tin Cup, Vanilla Ice, Buns of Steel, Edison, Blue Suede, Stella, Spreadsheet, Greek Freak, Ruxbin, The Plague
Q: The Plague
The Plague welcomed the PAX to a beautiful morning at The BrickYard.
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
- 25 SSH IC / 5 burpees OYO
- 25 MCs IC / 5 burpees OYO
- 25 high-knees IC / 5 burpees OYO
PAX counted into groups and rotated between Stations, carry block with you the whole time
- Station 1 – Push Group
- 10 Man Makers
- 10 Squat Thrusters
- 10 Kettlebell swings
- Station 2 – Australians
- AMRAP – Australian Mountain climbers
- Station 3 – Press
- AMRAP – Overhead press
- Station 4 – Burpees
- AMRAP – Burpee Block Jump overs
PAX moseyed back to the shovel flags for Mary.
- 20 Curls for the Girls – Folsom
- 20 Big Boy Situps with Coupon
- 20 Flutter Kicks with Coupon held overhead
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared on listening to God and alignment of our hearts
- Ultimately, if your people can’t do it without you, you haven’t been successful in raising up other leaders.
- In F3, a Sua Sponte Leader is a man who has been freed to Lead. He is a Leader who exercises Individual Initiative (I2) by taking action in furtherance of his Group’s Articulated Purpose without specific instructions. He initiates Movement toward Advantage for his Group in the absence of explicit authority because he is that rare man who will Lead with or without another Leader to direct him. He is That Somebody.
- Only in a Lizard (an Organization dedicated to the Effective achievement of its Mission) will I2 be considered a Virtue. Because a Lizard is an Organization OF Leaders rather than an Organization WITH Leaders, its Membership is comprised of HIMs who consider it their duty to develop other men into Sua Sponte Leaders. To do so, they do the three things required to foster I2:
- 1. Make clear the Mission
- 2. Teach all they know, and
- 3. Incentivize I2 and manage Failure
- It is human nature for a man to desire recognition for his work. But the length of the shadow each man casts depends not only on how high he stands, but also on the brightness of the sun that happens to shine upon us at a given moment. A man can only control the former–the latter he must trust to devine providence. Thus, whether we are to be remembered in the vein of an Abraham Lincoln or simply to take our place as a yeoman in the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier is not our concern. Our concern is only that we become and develop Virtuous Leaders, because that is our Legacy.
- He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Luke 10:2
- 10/21 – Launch of Steel Mill at Halleck Park – High Life leading this weights-based workout site. Will meet every Thursday at 0530
- 10/22 – Launch of The Armory at Ta-Ha-Zouka Park – Gator leading this bootcamp based workout site. Will meet every Friday at 0530
- 10/30 – Saturday – various options for 2.0 workouts and costumes encouraged at all locations
- Prayers for injured PAX, our Nation, our Community
- Prayers for Folsom’s dad in hospital
- Prayers for Diddy and changes at work