October 5, 2021|AO- The Trident|50’s and perfect
20 PAX: Skipper, Hard Hat, Smashmouth, Scoober, Rain Man, Tesla (Respect), Wentworth, Black Jack, Buffett, Oompa, Ruxpin, Chiclets (Respect), Flanders, Convoy, Kobayashi, Gypsy (FNG), Blades of Glory, Speed Square, Hoser, Mother Goose (QIC)
5:30 AM- Recited meaning, principles and mission of F3 and gave disclaimer; one FNG named David. Took a little mosey around to the bigger parking lot and circled up for Warm-o-Rama.
- 10 Tappy Taps IC
- 10 Big Ones IC
- 10 Sun Gods IC with calf raises each way
- 10 Apollo Ohno’s IC
- 10 Tempo Merkins IC
- Moseyed over to the parking garage lot for the Pre-Thang.
Pre-Thang- 2 man grinder
- One partner would bear crawl halfway up the ramp, then sprint the rest of the way up, perform 10 Monkey Humpers IC, and mosey back down to relieve their partner.
- The stationary exercises (cumulative in a pair) were 50 Burpees, 100 Merkins, 150 Flutter Kicks IC then Air Squats to the 6.
- Moseyed down to the circle bridge and formed 4 groups for the Thang
The Thang- Pain Stations around the bridge:
- Station 1
- 20 Hand Release Merkins
- 20 Big Boys
- 20 Bobby Hurley’s
- 20 Cherry Pickers IC
- 20 LBC’s IC
- Rinse and Repeat until pushed, lunge to station 2 (about 100 feet)
- Station 2
- 20 Werkins
- 20 Freddy’s IC
- 20 Copperhead Squats IC
- 20 Carolina Dry Docks
- 20 Scissor Kicks IC
- Rinse and Repeat until pushed, lunge to station 3 (about 100 feet)
- Station 3
- 20 Ranger Merkins
- 20 Hello Dolly’s
- 20 Jump Squats
- 20 Alternating Shoulder Taps IC
- 20 E2K (10 each side)
- Rinse and Repeat until pushed, mosey around the bridge to 1
- Station 4 was push group, moseying about ¾ of the way around the bridge
- The PAX did not complete the full cycle as YHC took too long on the pre-Thang but each group hit 3
- Moseyed back to the shovel flags, but the 6 was struggling so there was no time for Mary as we picked him up
- The FNG, David, said he was a retired Marine “transplant” and had moved around a bunch before settling in Omaha. He almost became Transplant but Black Jack through out Gypsy which was better so that is what it became.
- Third F opportunity at Heartland for Hope on 10/9… check Slack or connect with Wentworth
- Support our man Escobar with his Project Pink fundraiser in October
- Continued prayers for Nugent and his family and friends- 5K and celebration of life on Thursday
My wife and I were months behind on hopping aboard the Ted Lasso bandwagon, but we are into it big time now. Last week, before the tragic loss of Nugent, I had planned to incorporate a scene from that show into this COT as I saw it fitting well with the symbolism of unity between three faiths at the Trident. After what happened, I decided to stick with it but it was much more difficult.
There is a scene in the show in which Ted plays Rupert in darts. Before switching from right to left hand and burying him, he quotes Walt Whitman, “Be curious, not judgmental.” His point was that Rupert should have been more curious as to why Ted would make such a bold dare on a game of darts and what in his past would have led him to be so confident. I loved the quote and wanted to make that the focus of my COT.
I explained to the PAX that most of the time in my life, when it comes to disagreements, I can give the other the benefit of the doubt. I can be curious. If a believe something contrary to someone (political, religious, social, practical, etc.) I can usually allow myself to consider their perspective and what life experiences they may have had which have conditioned them to think or act a certain way.
There are other times, however, where I find it incredibly difficult or even impossible. For example, the senseless murder of an innocent friend. I can extend no sympathy or benefit of the doubt to perpetrators of brutality. In those times, I have found that if I only hold on to the judgment, it will eat at me from the inside and eventually be released in the form of extreme rage. It is best for me, in those times, to offer that judgement and anger to God. Knowing that I can do nothing to change what has happened, I ask God to help relieve the burden of my anger and simply hold close the victims and their families. I encouraged the PAX to do the same.
I led us out in a prayer of gratitude.
Here’s to good days and better tomorrows!
Cheers and SYITG,