9/11/2021 | The Oracle AO | Boys Town | 6:00-7:00 am
PAX: Cheap Seats, Slow Pitch, Wait Time, Kielbasa, Lite Bright, Vandelay, Superfly, Griswold, Blue Chip, Stitches, Z-Bo, Edison, Goodlife, House Party, Shoeless Joe (FNG)
Q: The Big One
Weather: A comfortable 60 degrees.
The Big One welcomed the PAX, gave the mission statement, core principles, disclaimer and then led the PAX to the steps in front of the auditorium for Warm-O-Rama.
SSH x 15 IC
Imperial Walkers x 15 IC
Abe Vigodas x 10 IC each direction
Tappy Taps x 15 IC
Merkins x 15
Big One led the PAX back towards the shovels flags and stopping at the roundabout. Big One reminded the PAX that today was the 20th anniversary of 9/11 and on that day 412 First Responders perished putting others before themselves (not mention the many many others that have died since due to the fumes they breathed in). He encouraged everyone to visit the 9/11 Museum in New York if they ever get the opportunity. Then to honor the 412 First Responders the PAX got in a Chilcutt position and held that position for 4:12 with each PAX counting 10 seconds at a time.
Big One then led the PAX to the practice football field where they split up in to 4 groups.
Dips x 20
Step Ups x 20 IC
Derkins x 20 IC
Box Jumps x 20 IC
Bobby Hurleys x 30
Merkins x 30
Squats x 30
Carolina Dry Docks x 30
Burpees x 10
Diamond Merkins x 10
Alternating Lunge x 10 IC
Reverse Crunch x 10 IC
Fast jog around the field. Push group 1.
Initially Big One told the PAX to Bear Crawl from station to station. After doing this two times, he decided it wasn’t very much fun and then instructed the PAX jog between stations!
Big One eventually called OMAHA and led the PAX back toward the shovel flags. They passed the shovel flags and stopped at the Boys Town Veterans Memorial Wall. This wall shows the names of every Boys Town graduate that was killed in action or while in the military.
Rancid style American Hammers
- One FNG – Shoeless Joe. (Likes baseball and is from Iowa).
- Prayer requests for the Kaipust Family.
- The Big One encouraged the PAX to try to be the best version of themselves all the time. We are often inspired to be better people or live better lives (like when a tragedy like 9/11 happens) but then we eventually get distracted and go back to living our good – but not best lives. Big One suggested the PAX use a picture, a song or a quote to bring them back to that positive mindset and remind them what they are grateful for and be the BEST version of themselves.
- Big One closed with a prayer
- Coffeeteria followed at Karma
The Big One