16 August 2021 / Stormbreaker/ 67 degrees / Wind SE 5 mph / 81% humidity / Clear
PAX (19): Gump, Mulch, Gator, Tony the Tiger, Fun Dip, Dr Thunder, Painkiller, Ferdinand, Knobs, Girl Dad, T-Ball, Patton (Respect), KOA, Chernobyl, Blades of Glory, Sweet Roll, Swiper, Mufasa, Bear Grylls
VQ: Bear Grylls
GreetingIt was a nice cool morning for a beatdown. At 5:30, the VQ welcomed the PAX and hit the Mission Statement, 5 core principles, the Disclaimer, the F3 Credo, and asked if any FNG’s were in the house…..no FNG’s.
From the site flags, we took a mozy to the South, hit the roundabout, then headed toward the front gates at Werner Park. From there, we performed the following exercises IC:
- 20 – Side Straddle Hops
- 12 – Tappy Taps
- 10 – Sun Gods(forward and reverse)
- 12 – Imperial Walkers
The Thang: LaddersThe VQ set up four total stations for the beatdown, each station located in a separate parking lot, and 50-60 yards from the next closest station. We counted off and broke in to four groups for the beatdown below. All exercises at each station to be done IC. Once done, move on to next station, and keep repeating until the closing bell (OMAHA).Station #1-7 burpees-14 Merkins-21 Bobby Hurleys-14 American Hammers-7 Groiners
Station #2-7 Lunges (each leg)-14 Carolina Dry Docks-21 Air Squats-14 Plank Jacks-7 Groiners
Station #3-7 burpees-14 Alt Shoulder Taps-21 Monkey Humpers-14 Freddy Mercury’s-7 Groiners
Station #4-7 Lunges (each leg)-14 Werkins-21 Mountain Climbers-14 LBC’s-7 Groiners
Mary-15 Bay City Scissors (most of the mumble chatter here came from the VQ…..)-19 American Hammers Rancid Style
COT: My first COT was focused on what brought me here and why I still crave the gloom. Props to Dr Thunder for his persistence in recruiting me to F3, so that’s what brought me here. Why do I still show up? (I’m sure I’ll wonder about this in the winter……) I shared a poem that has stuck with me for a lot of years, that I think answers that question well.
The Man Who Thinks He Can – by Walter D. Wintle
- If you think you are beaten, you are;
- If you think you dare not, you don’t.
- If you’d like to win, but think you can’t
- It’s almost a cinch that you won’t
- If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost,
- For out in the world we find
- Success begins with a fellow’s will;
- It’s all in the state of mind.
- If you think you’re outclassed, you are.
- You’ve got to think high to rise
- .You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
- You can ever win a prize.
- Life’s battles don’t always go
- To the stronger or faster man;
- But sooner or later the man who wins
- Is the one who thinks he can.
I keep showing up because it’s a blast grinding in the gloom, with a bunch of badasses, that SHOW the will to win each and every day. Because………………
“THEY THINK THEY CAN”