“Titles, Trust and Communication”
19 Pax: Swiper, Ferdinand, Flowers, Shrute, Mako, Chernobyl, Skidz, Sweet Roll, Animal House, Arch, Audit, Double Dip, Skittles, Fun Dip, High Life, Mulch, Zorro, Tony The Tiger, Echo Echo Echo
4:45amPre Run: Swiper was finishing setting up Coupon and Tracker tires and I had a brief scare with a spider the size of a silver dollar crawling on my arm carrying coupons…….Swiper took off at 4:45, but somehow was a ways behind the other Pax who took off early. But he caught them. Other runners: Double Dip, Tony the Tiger, Ferdinand, High Life
5:15amSwiper welcomed the Pax to F3 – reminding them of the mission to Plant, Serve and Grow small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. He also mentioned that they were an International Organization now.
Swiper then covered the 5 core principles of F3. 1) Open to ALL men. 2. Always Free. 3) Always held outdoors, 4) Lead in a rotating fashion and 5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
There were no FNGs today.
Swiper reminded the PAX that I am not a professional. Modify as necessary. From this point forward there is a real risk of injury.
5:20am Warm-a-rama- We mosey’d north on the Mopac Trail. As we pass the line of cars (mostly trucks) and turned on to the trail there was a very, very large tractor tire that got quite a few Pax attention. I made a few comments about this being the first station and then laughed and we kept jogging. Then after a little more jogging, we stopped in a hay field for the following exercises….Ferdinand got the Pax in the right frame of mine by warning the Pax to look out for field mice…..Swiper internally made the first modification by removing the SuperMan Yellow Suns from the WAR. So we did the following:- 10 Tappy Taps IC- 10 Windmills IC- Motivators 10 IC – 10 Motivators proved to be very difficult and many of the Pax members had to modify and mumble chatter was very loud and often. Fun Dip was pretty locked into to my cadence and it was helpful to hear and see him going from rep to rep. After finishing the reps from 10 down to 1, we put a wrap on the WAR.- We then mosey’d back to the fairgrounds and hit the bleachers..
5:28 Pre Thang 1 – Stairs / Alligator Merkins
– Swiper informed the group to count off into 2, and group 1 would start on the north end and group 2 on the south end. We would run up the bleachers and then Alligator Merkin (Thanks Hard Hat for the idea) down the stairs, we would then run through the middle ramp of the stairs outside and start again on the opposite end. Swiper mentioned Pax could try doing the Merkins down the Bleachers, but that was a little slick and since the stairs were a little bit of a bottleneck, we did one full rotation and Swiper called Omaha to hit the next Pre Thang.
5:35Pre Thang 2 – Rocky Balboa “Red Bull” Sit Ups
– We jogged over to the stage and Swiper informed the group to each find a partner and we would do Rocky Balboa Red Bull Sit Ups. One Pax would hold their partners feet as the other Pax member would do a full reclining sit up over the edge of the stage and decline as far past 180 degrees that they were comfortable doing. The further, the better the burn. They would do AMRAP and then the partners would switch. Swiper mentioned that he did these in Chicago with F3 Chicago and Pax named Schroeder did 30 of them. Challenge accepted. Since we had an odd number of HIMs, Swiper did LBCs on his own. But wanting to do this exercise I made the mistake of asking Fun Dip to try and hold Ferdinand and I, which was, (to quote Doc Sadler), “Well that’s completely on me.” Fun Dip accepted and I started to do the exercise just as Ferdinand was with Fun Dip holding us both. Ferdinand was crushing them and actually got to 31! As Ferd told Fun Dip he was finished, Fun Dip let go of both of our legs, just as I was decelerating backwards. If you know that spot at the Farm, the floor is concrete…..I hit the ground hard, head first and landed hard on my back, neck and shoulders. As we say in the intro, there is a real risk of injury. I put this part in the Backblast to do a couple things: 1) you should always communicate very clearly with your partners on exercises so each participant knows what is expected of them 2) You should never put a fellow Pax member in a position where they have to many Pax to support at one time 3) Modify as necessary and if you don’t have a partner for an exercise that requires one, don’t perform the exercise or wait for an available Pax member. Swiper recovered and we moved on.
5:42 The Thang – Main Street Hill Grinder
– Station 1- 3 Tire Flips per Pax, other Pax Air Squat until all finished- 10 Contra Burpees (+1 Merkin each burpee)- Chilcutt Plank (elbow plank)-10 count for each Pax- 25 Monkey Humpers IC- 25 Gas Pumpers – IC- 25 Mountain Climbers IC- 25 Diamond Merkins – 25 Imperial Walkers IC- 25 Carolina DryDocks- Rinse and Repeat
– Station 2- 10 Blockees- 30 Coupon Curls- 25 Scissor Kicks IC – 25 Derkins on the Coupon- 30 Lunges (15 each leg) with Coupon over head- 15 Power Merkins (A Pax planking with their feet someone on your body)- 25 Big Boys with Coupon- 25 Shoulder Presses with Coupon- 20 jumps back and forth over the Coupon- Rinse and Repeat
– Station 3- This was the push group that had to run two block straight up Main St. In downtown Springfield and push between stations.
5:55am6 MOM- Swiper instructed the Pax to do traditional American Hammers IC, and did them Rancid Style around the circle, so 19 in all.
5:58amNOR- The Name-a-rama was completed – see above for list of those who posted.
Announcements: – We discussed all of the Pop-ups around Omaha and the importance of supporting the F3 Omaha Growth.- Mako mentioned he would have his VQ here, at the Farm, next Friday. – We talked about the Shovel Flag pass at the Pit next Saturday, from Gunner to Gipper. It’s third generation, as The Plague started The Pit.
Prayer Requests: – Chernobyl prayed for Dorothy, his Grandmother.
COT- Swiper opened his COT by saying it is about trust and communication – and gave Fun Dip a wink and laughed…..everyone smiled. – Then I spoke about the assumptions and preconceived notions we have with Titles – We often value or devalue people based on their Titles. What do you think when you hear: President, CEO, VP, Owner, Secretary, Assistant, Janitor, Understudy, Head Coach, Principal, Special, Disabled, Ex-Wife, Step Child, Boss, Winner, Loser- Do Titles Make the Man? OR does a man’s actions grant him titles? Think about how you value Titles.- Isaiah 9: Christ was Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Heaven Father, Son- Swiper told Fun Dip – not to worry and he could redeem himself by leading the group in prayer.