July 28, 2021//Stinson Park//AO- Heavy Metal//75 Hazy degrees//
14 Pax: Stella, Bloodshot, Spacebar, Buns of Steel, Frosty, Jack Rabbit, Demogorgon, Grease Fire, Golden Pike, Side Dish, Z-bo, Bovine, Doll Face (Respect), and Folsom.
Warm O’ Rama
- Seal Jacks ICx20
- Sun Gods ICx10 forwards, 10 backwards
- Tappy Taps IC x10
- Copperhead Squats x15
The Thang: Modified Tabata (45 seconds AMRAP, 15 seconds rest)
- Folsom used the app Seconds Pro to lead the beatdown today. It was a classic one he’s used many times at Heavy Metal. The following exercises were performed for 3 sets, as stated above, for 45 seconds AMRAP and then 15 seconds of rest.
- Goblet Squats
- Dead Lifts
- Step Back Lunges with a Twist
- Bent Over Rows
- Arnold Press
- Up Right Rows
- Triceps Over Head press
- Rocky Curls
- At this point Folsom called an audible and stopped the app to give the PAX one of his favorite Biceps finishing moves, 21’s. 21’s are 7 curls from bottom to half way up the range of motion, then 7 more curls from halfway to the top of the range of motion, finally, 7 more full range curls. There wasn’t a bicep in the place that wasn’t swole after this move!
- Weighted LBC’s ICx20
- Weighted Sit ups x20
- Weighted American Hammers, Rancid style x14. I am positive every ab muscle in the circle was on fire after these weighted exercises!
Prayers/Announcements: Lots of new AO’s opening, get out and Q!
COT: Folsom shared that he saw this patch of sunflowers last week. He saw something so remarkable he slowed down and almost stopped his car in the middle of the street. There were 8-10 sunflowers that were all around 6 feet tall with nice sized flowers on top, all bright green and yellow. However, there was one sunflower that towered above the rest, because it was easily twice as high as the others and had a flower the size of a dinner plate! Folsom thought that was pretty impressive. The flowers were situated so that the garage blocked the early morning sun. While a majority of the sunflowers seemed satisfied with only afternoon sun, one stood out above all the rest and put in the hard work to get taller, so tall, in fact, that topped the garage and was able to capture the sun from sunrise to sunset. Folsom, being a philosopher at heart, then began to think about how that outstanding sunflower reminded him of the men of F3. We get up early and put in the hard work and we catch the sunrise when most people are happily sleeping. So while the majority of men will never capture the morning sun unlike us, we will grow big heads because we are always looking to get better. Sometimes it’s nice to reflect on what you’re doing. We are all like that giant sunflower, towering above the Sad Clowns.