Paradise Island Backblast: The Plague’s 3-year Anniversary
July 21, 2021|Paradise Bakery-Regency | AO – Paradise Island |
Weather: Partly cloudy, 67 °F. Feels like 68 °F. Humidity 93%. Wind 3.6 mi/h from S.
PAX (25): Sparty, Jean Claud, Smashmouth, Betamax, Gunner, Sven, Tenderfoot, Stitches, Merch, Biff, Ice-T, Pantyhose, Slow Pitch, Vandelay, Walkoff, Chucky, Armbar, Bubbles, Icy Hot, Khakis, Tater Tot, Cataracts, Flanders, LPC, The Plague
YHC spent a lot of time in reflection over the past week on the last three years and the impact F3 has had on my life. Tonight Show EH’d me in 2018 and I had no idea how the positive habit transfer from the PAX would influence my life. I was in a dark place at that time in my life and I’m forever grateful for the men who’ve helped me straighten my path and accelerate over the past three years. In preparing for this Q, I knew what I’d be doing for the workout, Burpee Island of course. Mentally I went back and forth with how transparent and honest I was going to be with my CoT. I ultimately decided to bring a raw CoT recounting the timeline of events in my life that brought me to the end of myself. If you were there you know, if you are reading this hoping for that detailed timeline, sorry to disappoint. Ask me about it some time and I’d be happy to share my story.
The truth is that God is pursuing us all. The only decision we must make is to stop denying his truth and sovereignty over our lives. Once we let him lead, there is no end to what he’ll do in and through you. Try it and see…I dare you.
There was a pre-run and then the beatdown began.
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
- SSH – 40 IC
- Tappy Taps – 10 IC
- Sun Gods – 20 IC (10 each direction)
We’ve done this before many times – Burpee Island. The PAX moseyed around the typical Paradise Island route, stopping six times for the following Burpee variations:
- Lateral Jump Burpees – 20
- Standard Merkin Burpees – 20
- Low Squat Burpees – 20
- Box Jump Burpees – 20
- HR Merkin Burpees – 20
- Jump Tuck Burpees – 20
Total of 120 Burpees and 3 miles 😊
PAX moseyed back to shovel flags and finished off with some American Hammers.
- New AOs starting pop-ups this week
- Stormbreaker – Monday @ Werner Park – Site-Q: Grease Fire
- Helix – Tuesdays @ Hillsborough Park – Site-Q: Pantyhose
- Mainstage – Wednesdays @ Millard South – Site-Q: Sister Act
- 7/23 – Combine Shovel Flag pass from Sparty à LPC
- 7/27 – Golf outing – sign up in Slack
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague reflected on the impact F3 has had in his life
- We all have things in our lives that bring us to our knees and the end of ourselves.
- The truth is that these events will happen, they have to happen, and today I can say I’m so glad they happen.
- I started getting into trouble at an early age. Influenced by my environment, older brothers and friends I started to party as early as sixth grade and had numerous run-ins with the law by the time I was in college.
- I started going to church in high school but only for the purpose of impressing a girl who, ironically, is now my wife.
- Despite the influence of church and God’s word, I continued to spiral into darkness. The summer of 2018 brought me into a new depth of darkness, and I was spiraling out of control.
- In a way, F3 saved me by putting me next to men that were authentic, honest and accelerating. It would be a month after joining F3, August 12, 2018, that God would reach down and pull me out of that darkness and change my life forever.
- I’m grateful for the men who’ve supported me through this time and I’m grateful for my wife who never left me when she had every right to do so. Every day I wake up I am better than I deserve to be.
- “Now I want you to know brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage to that now as always Christ will be exalted” – Philippians: 1: 12-20
- YHC led us out in prayer