Danger Zone Backblast: Gobbler’s Birthday & Legos
June 10, 2021|Papilion South High School | AO – The Danger Zone | 79°
PAX : Rooney, Sweet Roll, Knobs, Levey, Fire Walker, Lucky Charms, Trench, Echo, Fun Dip, Feeney, Belding, Double Dip, Maaco, Chernobyl, FNG (Skidz), Ear Tag, Animal House, Haggis, Arch, Gobbler, The Plague
Q: The Plague
Welcomed 20 PAX to a beautiful morning at The Danger Zone.
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
As the mosey to warm-a-rama began, YHC played Gobbler’s favorite birthday song by R&B legend Justin Bieber. Gobbler loves R&B and has lots of rhythm 😉
PAX moseyed to warm-a-rama
- SSH 20 IC
- Imperial walkers
- Sun Gods 20 IC (10 each direction)
Pre-Thang – Birthday Buddies
PAX split in half and formed two concentric circles facing one another. PAX completed one patty cake merkin and one bropee then rotated. PAX rotated one full circle until they were back with their original partner.
YHC wanted to give something special to Gobbler for his birthday so I invented a few new exercises. The first one is an Australian Cockroach which is basically balls to the wall and then alternating toe touches IC. PAX partnered up and one partner performed 5 Australian Cockroaches while the other did AMRAP Merkins. Three rounds were completed.
THE Thang: Lego Pyramid
PAX paired up for a grinder style beatdown. PAX worked together for combined reps. While one partner was doing the pyramid the other broad jumped and bunny hopped over a series of four telephone poles, did five burpees then relieved their partner. Pyramid included the exercises below:
- Bobby Hurley’s – 100
- Burpees – 1
- Hand Release Merkins – 90
- Burpees – 2
- Jump Tucks – 80
- Burpees – 3
- Big Boy Sit-ups – 70
- Burpees – 4
- Mountain Climbers – 60 IC
- Burpees – 5
- Monkey Humpers – 50 IC
- Burpees – 6
- Air Squats – 40
- Burpees – 7
- Low Dollies – 30
- Burpees – 8
- Makhtar N’Diayes – 20 IC
- Burpees – 9
- Squat Jumps – 10
- Burpees – 10
Mosey back to shovel flags. Completed 38 Sarpy Slammers in honor of Gobbler’s 38th Birthday. We found out shortly after this was completed that it was also Levey’s 43rd birthday, which is an example of wisdom with age since he waited to tell us until after the beatdown 😊.
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared on emotions and living at a pace that allows us to experience them
- Psalm 130:1-2
- YHC told a story about frustration involving a Lego set that didn’t have all the right pieces. My daughter was noticeably sad and frustrated which caused me to pause. I allowed myself to experience the frustration for a moment before identifying an opportunity to create our own Lego design.
- In the past, I didn’t allow myself to experience feelings because I thought I didn’t have time or was above that type of emotional response to situations. What I thought was saving me time ultimately resulted in days, months, years of frustration, anger and darkness in my life
- By experiencing emotions, allowing them to exist, we give ourselves space to be human.
- If we can learn to live at a slower pace with emotions and feelings we’ll be empowered to produce better, more real outcomes in our lives
- 6/12 – F3Foundation Event – Brick Builder – Click Here for more info
- 6/18 – Blood Drive – details in Slack
- 6/18 – Northstar event – BBQ and Kick Ball at Northstar – details in Slack
- o Prayers for health and protection of our PAX and their families
- Chernobyl took us out in prayer
- Coffeteria and donuts on site