Saturday, May, 22 2021| The Dragon’s Liar |Gretna City Park, Gretna, NE 60
degrees, light rain
“Bring the Dragon to it’s knees”
11 Pax: Crab CakesArch, Moon Man, Trench, Lemon Law, Chicklets, Lincoln Log,
Swiper, Tony The Tiger, Wait Time, Mr. Miyagi, The Tonight Show
5:30 am Pre-Run– Swiper, Trench, Tony The Tiger
6:00 am Swiper welcomed the Pax to F3 – reminding them of the mission to
Plant, Serve and Grow small workout groups for the invigoration of
male community leadership.
Swiper then covered the 5 core principles of F3: 1) Open to ALL men
2) Always Free 3) Always held outdoors, Rain or Shine 4) Lead in a
rotating fashion and 5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
There were no FNGs today.
Swiper reminded the PAX that I am not a professional. Modify as
necessary. From this point forward there is a real risk of injury.
Swiper instructed the HIMs to find a partner and we would Mosey
around the park. At each corner of the park, the two partners would
do 15 Partner Clap Merkins and then 10 Oh Yeahs! IC, and then
switch hands for 10 IC. They started the mosey. Half way through
the mosey we stopped for the WAR.
6:13 am Warm-a-rama
- Swiper led the group through the following:
- 10 Tappy Taps IC
- 10 Tater Taps IC
- 10 Windmills IC
- 10 Iron Crosses
- 10 Alarm Clocks
- We then went over to the Picnic Tables and the two partners would do 20 steps ups or Box Jumps and partner would do 20 dips. Then we would switch. We did this twice. Pax done early would Al Gore to the Six.
- We then finished our loop of the park, doing 15 partner clap Merkins and 10 Oh Yea’s at the remaining two corners. We showed the nice folks of Gretna who F3 was. We finished where we started.
6:26 am Pre-Thang – 2 Man Grinder – “Probbing the Dragon Scales for
- Swiper led them to the hill by the tennis courts, where he then explained we would have a two man grinder.
- 1 Man – 20 Jump Squat, 15 Diamond Merkins, 10 Mountain Climbers IC, 5 Burpies – AMRAP
- 1 Man – Does 3 loops up the hill. 1st – sprint up, and do 10 Monkey Humbers and back, 2nd time – Bernie Sanders up, 10 Monkey Humbers and back down, 3rd time – Bear Crawl up, 10 Monkey Humbers and Crab Walk down.
- Rinse and Repeat 3X.
- Then Swiper called “Omaha” and instructed the Pax to head towards the basketball courts.
6:38am The Thang – The Knock Out Punch
The Pax lined up for a good old flashion basketball game of Knockout.
While in line, non shooters will do continuous Air Squats and Sun Gods (either
direction) at the same time. If a player is knocked out of the game. They would
perform the following exercises AMRAP until the game ends.
- 15 Carolina Dry Docks
- 15 Box Cutters IC
- 15 Werkins
- 15 Swiper’s Wipers IC
Lincoln Logs won the first game. Respect! Swiper won the second game. Swiper
changed the in game workout to Air Squats and Overhead Claps for the final
game. Swiper won the third Game and “Omaha” was called.
At 6:50 Swiper had the Pax circle up on the courtand get on your six. He then
announced that school was now in session and the Pax would do their ABC’s IC.
So the Pax spelled the full alphabet IC, with all Capital letters….Swiper forgot the
letter U – which showed that he truly needed. We then ended with American
Hammer’s, (Sarpy Slammer Style )and counted off around the circle, to 11.
Since the shovel flags are on the court, we then proceed to the COT.
At 5:55am Swiper started with asking for Announcements. Announcements:
- Lemon Law mentioned the Fundraiser on June 11 and 12 at Stinson Park.
- Trench mentioned Mental Health Awareness and the event at Flannagan
Lake, with the Beatdown and Half Marathon.
- Swiper mentioned it was Mental Health Awareness Month and we have all
been effected by people with mental health disabilities and this event
would be a great reminder.
- Swiper mentioned he would provide Coffee at The Beanery following the
– the Name-a-rama was completed – see above for list of those who posted.
- Wait Time mentioned to Pray for the missing boy from La Vista.
- The group was mindful of hurting Pax.
- Swiper then began his COT by saying he has a few questions for the Pax
- How are you Living Your Life?
- Are you proud of what you do, or how you do
- What will people say about you when you die?
Your friends, your family, your faith
- Does that make you proud? Happy?
- Does your family time and your health take a
back seat work?
- When was the last time you sat in silence to
think? Listen? And Be Still?
- To have a conversation with a higher power Like
God/Jesus Christ, or whoever you pray to, you
can’t just talk and ask – you must Be Still and
Listen. Swiper mentioned to the Pax that he has
a reminder on his phone to “Be Still” every
morning, as a reminder, to sit and listen to God,
and see what he has to say to him.
***Here is the good news – You have time to change
- Live with Purpose
- Live with Intention
- Live everyday like it is your last day, and
you won’t regret a single one
- “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” C.S. Lewis.
- Swiper then asked the Pax to step in and lock arms in a BOM. He
prayed by thanking God for this morning, the HIMs, our families, our
country and our leaders. He also prayed for the Missing Boy from La
Vista. And he He also thanked each Pax member for showing up and
asked God to give the strength to be the men they should be today and
that we could go out and make a difference in our community. We
closed prayer, gave knuckles and many Pax stayed around to talk.
- Swiper, Tonight Show, Crab Cakes, Tony the Tinger, Moon Man, Trench and Lemon Law had coffee at The Beanery to close out the morning.