May 14, 2021|Sarpy County Fairgrounds | AO – The Farm | 50°
PAX (15): Ferdinand, KOA, Swiper, Trench, Doubtfire, Tony the Tiger, Echo, L-Train, Jean Claude, Double Dip, Arch, Baby Shark, GirlDad, Crab Cakes, The Plague
Q: The Plague
This story begins the night of 5/13 when YHC went to dinner and ate way too many carb-infested desserts. Head hit the pillow and the sweetest of dreams began around 2230. The Sandman brought the most beautiful and serene dreams of endless burpees and makhtar n’diayes. Then all of a sudden at 0458 on 5/14 YHC awoke! Late! NOOOOO!!! A quick text to Ferdinand that he would have to lead the warm-a-rama, hop in the car and zoom to The Farm…thankfully YHC sleeps in workout gear so no need to change 😉
YHC Arrived and the PAX were just finishing warm-a-rama – just in time!
The Plague apologized for being late, thanked Ferdinand for getting started, admitted he’s not a professional and assumed the rest of F3-intro was completed before he arrived.
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
- YHC has no idea what they did for warm-a-rama but caught the tail end of about 5 tappy taps in cadence.
Pre-THANG – 40 & 4
- High Knees – 40 IC
- HR Merkins – 4
- High Knees – 40 IC
- Burpees – 10 on down
PAX moseyed to the field for the THANG.
PAX paired up to complete the Cowboy Pyramid. Complete full round of pyramid, run a lap then move down the pyramid.
- 40 Burpees
- 40 Makhtar N’Diayes IC
- 40 Bobby Hurley’s
- 30 Burpees
- 30 Makhtar N’Diayes IC
- 30 Bobby Hurley’s
- 20 Burpees
- 20 Makhtar N’Diayes IC
- 20 Bobby Hurley’s
- 10 Burpees
- 10 Makhtar N’Diayes IC
- 10 Bobby Hurley’s
PAX moseyed back to shovel flags and finished off with some Sarpy Slammers.
- 5/16 – Run at Papillion Landing – several options – goes to support a good cause – reach out to Ferdinand for more details
- 6/12 – F3Foundation Event – Brick Builder – Click Here for more info
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared thoughts on Sad Clown Syndrome and Nice Guy
- Sad Clown Syndrome comes from the Sopranos and Tony saying to his therapist that he feels like a mess on the inside but has to keep it together on the outside and put on a front
- Nice Guy Syndrome (Book by Dr. Robert Glover) says that a Nice Guy is a man who believes he is not okay just as he is. Nice guys are conditioned by society or family expectations and they are convinced that they need to become what he thinks others want him to be in order to be liked, loved, and get his needs met.
- The consequences of Sad Clown and Nice Guy syndrome are different for everyone but have severe impact on those in close proximity to us
- The way to overcome these ailments is to realize that you can be who you are and be loved for it – despite your past, present or anything else you’re hiding from, you are loved.
- In F3 we need to make sure we’re accepting of FNGs and each other, helping men gain the confidence in who they are is what pushes them to accelerate and re-invigorate male community leadership.
- YHC led us out in prayer