Wednesday, May, 12 2021| The Danger Zone |Papillion La-Vista South High School, Papillion, NE | 44 degrees, clear skies
“School is in Session”
18 Pax: Arch, Haggis, Lucky Charms, Feeney, Delilah, Trench, (G)Rooney, Baby Shark, Swiper, Girl Dad, Levy, Marv, L-Train, Double Dip, KOA, Echo, Gobbler, Belding
4:40am Pre-Run– Swiper, Trench, Baby Shark, Double Dip and Girl Dad. +Gobbler. Trench ran with the group for a mile and half and then took off. The other four finished together a little behind. Trench came back for the six (Swiper). Gobbler – Ran his own mini Pre- Run.
5:15am Swiper welcomed the Pax to F3 – reminding them of the mission to Plant, Serve and Grow small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Swiper then covered the 5 core principles of F3: 1) Open to ALL men 2) Always Free 3) Always held outdoors 4) Lead in a rotating fashion and 5) Ends with a Circle of Trust (COT).
There were no FNGs today.
Swiper reminded the PAX that I am not a professional. Modify as necessary. From this point forward there is a real risk of injury. *Especially today!
Swiper instructed the HIMs to find a partner and we would Mosey in two lines. The last two Pax would sprint to the front of the Mosey line. The mosey led us to the Tennis Courts where Swiper gave a shout out to Feeny (The Boys Tennis Coach at PLVSHS). The Pax circled inside the courts twice and then circled up for WAR.
5:18 am Warm-a-rama
- Swiper led the group through the following:
- 10 Tappy Taps IC
- 10 Windmills IC
- 10 Plank Jacks IC
- 10 Floyd Mayweather IC
- Mosey again sprints to the front. The Pax ran to the southern wall of the high school.
5:22 am Pre-Thang – Wall time
- Swiper led them to the south wall of the high school where he then explained we would have a two man grinder.
- Round 1
- 1 Man – Donkey Kicks on Wall – AMRAP
- 1 Man – Alligator Merkins around light pole or cone
- Round 2
- 1 Man – Chicken Peckers – AMRAP – (BTTW w/ shoulder taps)
- 1 Man – Broad Jump around light pole or cone
- Round 3
- 1 Man – Donkey Kicks – AMRAP
- 1 Man – Bear Crawl around Light pole or cone Round 4
- 1 Man – Chicken Peckers – AMRAP
- 1 Man – Lunges around light pole/cone
- MumbleChatter started early. The Alligator Merkins proved to be a difficult start with Merkins and crawling LOW to the ground started the burn early…and looping around the light pole or cone took a few mins, so the grinder was off to a great start. Pax modified as necessary, especially the second time through the Donkey Kicks and Chicken Peckers.
5:35 am The Thang – Wheelbarrow / Football
Each group Pax member is assigned 100 burpees (200 per group).
Each 2 man group will get 3 throws with the football to their partner. They have 3 secs to drop back and throw from the goal line. If the pass is successfully caught, you can subtract the amount of yards where the ball was caught, from each Pax in that 2 man group’s total. Switch QB/Receiver. Each successful catch does mean you have to sprint 100 yards on the field, so that means either, down, down and back or down, back and then down and back to the 50. (Depending on if you catch all three balls or not)….
While the Pas are waiting to throw or as we wait until each group has thrown, we will do Rotating Decline Merkins/Squats in a traditional Partner Wheelbarrows. Pax will hold their partners legs in the air and Pax on the ground will do 20 Decline Merkins. Then while still holding a Plank, the other partner will do 20 squats while still holding their partners legs. Then Switch. AMRAP until you throw and all Pax have thrown. The Pax had fun running out patterns and posts, but given the close, and moisture and sweaty hands, our completion % was not reflective of the fun we were having. Once all groups finished their 3 passes, we all did our respective sprints on the field as a group. Then each group had to do their Burpees. Swiper decided it would just be 100 Burpees, as a group, not individually. After about 3-4 minutes of Burpees, “Omaha” was called.
At 5:48 Swiper called to circle up on the field and get on your six. He then announced that school was now in session and the Pax would do their ABC’s IC. So the Pax spelled the full alphabet IC, with all Capital letters….Swiper forgot the letter U – which showed that he truly needed to go back to school and the humor helped the Pax to finish the Alphabet. As Z was called, Swiper said we aren’t done yet, as we finished the ABC song with “Now I know my A – B – C – ‘ -s, for a little bonus at the end. Mumblechatter was heard echoing (Echo was proud) the hallowed ground of Papillion La-Vista South High School. We then ended with American Hammer’s, Rancid Style, and counted off around the circle, to 18.
We then mosey / (mostly walked), up to the shovel flags.
At 5:55am the Name-a-rama was completed – see above for list of those who posted.
- Gobbler mentioned Mental Health Awareness and the event at Flannagan Lake.
- Swiper mentioned we would have Coffee at the Scooters on 370.
- Gobbler awarded Swiper the coveted “Wings” for a first time Q at the Danger Zone.
- Swiper awarded El-Train the Capri Sun Award. El-Train caught my eye as really pushing today on some tough workouts and stretching outside of his comfort zone, multiple times.
- There were no individual prayers today..
- Swiper then proceeded to dive into his COT, which was about Thankfulness. Specifically, how he was thankful for F3 and what each F has meant to him. He called out Girl Dad and being thankful for meeting him and Girl Dad EH’ing Josh Fochek to come out the next morning to the Pit. Which Swiper mentioned was probably the Easiest EH ever. Skittles was on the VQ that morning, I met Baby Shark and learned that our new puppies where sisters and he lived two blocks away from me and I didn’t even know him and Knobs named him Swiper. (Ok, I didn’t mention all of that after thanking Girl Dad, but thought it was appropriate to write).
- Swiper started with the First F, Fitness, specifically Running – He talked about how he was an avid runner, ran full marathons and lots of half marathons, but had not run one in 2021 and probably not one in about 8-9 months. Since joining F3, in March, he ran 2 half marathons and F3 Pop-Ups in April. F3 is making him a better runner but more importantly, building strength and endurance and losing weight. Helping him to get to bed earlier, lots of benefits.
- Then he spoke about the Second F, Fellowship. – F3 has provided for Great fellowship, being able to build some great relationships in a short amount of time. This has been sorely missed and something he was searching for, as the pandemic has taken away travel, and lots of his personal interactions. Swiper specifically mentioned and he attends most every Pre Run, as he likes to run and those prove to be one of the best times for fellowship (if its hard to talk on a pre-run, just ask questions) He also mentions how he makes Coffee anytime he can.
- Finally he mentioned Third F, Faith. Which is really the most important one, and the main group that he was looking for. F3 has provided a phenomenal opportunity to share my faith, and belief in Jesus Christ with others. F3 has helped to open a Fire inside that was wanting to get out. Swiper had to pause and was choked up for second as he thought and talked. This world often rejects people of faith, just like the world rejected Christ. And that is why this was the part Swiper was most thankful for, the opportunity to be vulnerable, open and share what is and was on his heart, at any given moment. Swiper ended by saying, remember, I was always running alone, with my thoughts, music, praying, thinking, but alone. Now I run with and work out with great HIMs and I personally know there are other believers in Christ in this group. Which means, as Christ said in Matthew 18:20 – Where 2 or more are gathered together in MY Name – I am there among them. So he mentioned how it only takes on HIM to show up and then Christ is there on a pre-run or Christ is there in the Gloom on a beatdown or in a COT or at coffee………so he said thank you for showing up to each HIM today!
- Swiper then asked the Pax to step in and lock arms in a BOM. He prayed by thanking God for this morning, the HIMs, our families, our country and our leaders. He also thanked each Pax member for showing up and asked God to give the strength to be the men they should be today and that we could go out and make a difference in our community. We closed prayer, gave knuckles and many Pax stayed around to talk.
- Swiper, Gobbler, Lucky Charms and KOA had coffee at Scooters to close out the morning.