May 4, 2021 | Trident AO | Tri-Faith at Sterling Ridge | Weather 43ish
PAX: Waterboy, Sparty, Italian Job, Gator, Second Chance, Tin Cup, Lowman, Big One, Grillz, Slow Pitch, Griswold, Wide Right, Armbar, Ponzi, Tonight Show, TC (RESPECT), Cyclone (RESPECT), Tube Socks, Bubbles, Smashmouth, Saul, Wait Time, Thor, Ledoux, MacNCheese, No Doze, Dr. Suess, Honey Stinger, Selleck, Prodigal Son (RESPECT), Retweet
Q: Room Service
Room Service welcomed the PAX and the FNG, gave the mission of F3, recited the 5 core principles and verified that he was not a professional. The PAX moseyed to the west parking lot for some warm-a-rama.
Windmills – 10IC
Imperial Walker – 15IC
Lowmans – 2 each side
Sobriety Sun Gods – 10IC (forward and back)
Cherry Picker – 15IC
SSH – 20IC
The PAX then moseyed to the grass (that will never be developed) for the pre-thang.
Clock merkins – down on every hour, clockwise and counter clockwise
2 man grinder, PAX broke into groups of 4, two started the exercise and the other two had a choice of skip, run backwards, or karaoke for 50 yds and then run back to relieve the other two partners. Exercises performed were:
100 Copperhead Squat
150 Monkey Humper
175 Sun God
200 Calf Raise
150 Air Squat
75 Big Boy
10 Big Boy
15 ETK each side
Rancid Style American Hammer
Birthdays are a great milestone and get us to reflect on maybe the past year or even our entire life. This past year has been unique for me and has given me more than enough time to reflect on my 43 years. Something I came across that was of great use to me was a system that is used by Martin Short. Like many he has experienced a number of tragedies in his life but is considered to be one of the most happy and grounded entertainers in the industry. He gives himself a grade for 9 different segments in his life to ensure he is putting the time in throughout his life in areas that mean the most to him. His pillars are:
Self Your own personal health and safety, fitness, etc…
Immediate Family Spouse and children
Original Family The people you grew up with, siblings, parents, cousins etc..
Friends The health of your friendships
Money Do I have enough and what am I doing with the excess
Career How fulfilling your work is
Creativity (I sub Faith here) Am I giving up control
Discipline Having the self-control to implement your goals.
Lifestyle Are you actually having any fun?
It has been a great exercise for me to put emphasis in areas of my life that aren’t where I want them to be. It allows me to stay on course and hopefully when I reach these milestones such as birthdays and end of calendar years to reflect on what is going right and wrong and continue on a path I can be proud of.
- F3 Foundation event in July – check Slack
- 3rd F opportunity on Saturday, May 8 from 9AM to 12:30pm at Heartland Hope.
- There will be a CSAUP June 12th, that will be open to the public and done in teams of four. It’s going to be a fundraiser for our scholarship!
- 2.0 workout this Saturday 7AM at the Oracle, all other workouts will still be happening
- Mustaches for Kids is starting this Thursday, come grow with Room Service, Selleck and Wide Right. You just need to show up on Thursday, May 6 at Two Fine Irishmen between 6-10PM with a clean face and details will be provided. We will be raising money for Northstar Foundation and inCommon. More details can be seen at www.m4komaha.com If growing isn’t your cup or tea feel free to donate at the aforementioned site.
All the PAX struggling with mental or physical issues that are preventing them from being out in the gloom