PAX: Porta-John, American Picker, Buns of Steel, Samples, Icy Hot, Tin Cup, Stink Bait, Swinger, Two Step, No Doze, Smashmouth, Flanders, Bovine, FNG (Tofu!), and…
Toadstool welcomed PAX to the Woodshed for his 2-year anniversary. Toadstool was pleased to see an FNG present, who appeared a bit nervous but otherwise game for the workout. Toadstool then gave the mission statement, disclaimer, and the Credo.
PAX moseyed toward the grotto and, once there, circled up…
Easy side-stretchs – 15 IC
Tappy Taps – 15 IC
Windmills – 15 IC
Sun Gods (forward and back) – 10 IC
Side Straddle Hop – 20 IC
PAX remained in their circle and we started to get our heartrate up…
-ABCs – Air Squats (20), Bonnie Blairs (20), Copperhead Squats (20)
-Side Straddle Hop – 20 IC
-ATMs – Alternating Shoulder Taps (20), Tempo Merkins (20), Merkins (20)
PAX then ran to the steps up by the UNO athletic building and numbered off into groups of four. 2 members of the group ran up the steps and did three “bropees” (a burpee but when you pop up you high-five your partner) and then ran back down the steps to relieve their partners, who were doing the following exercises in grinder fashion…
200 Air Squats
150 Big Boys
Bonus Segment: Ultimate Frisbee!
PAX then ran back down toward Elmwood Park where cones were set up for a nice game of ultimate frisbee. Shirts vs. skins. When a team scored, the other team had to do five burpees. I will not say which team won as it may not have been my team….
We then circled up, got on our sixes, and did….
Captain Thor: Ratio of four American Hammers to one Big Boy Sit-up. PAX completed ratio of Captain Thor through 20 American Hammers and 5 Big Boy Sit Ups.
- COT: Today is my 2-year anniversary of joining F3. When I came to my first workout it was for a lot of the reasons that guys come…they are invited or coerced into it by friends and acquaintances. I didn’t really know what I was missing in my life at the time. But it was essentially what we all come for—friendships with other men, real connection that gets past where you work or who you know or all the usual stuff you think you need to know about the guys you meet. And that can be sort of life-changing.
- But I think the longer I come to the workouts the more I focus on one of the 5 core principles. We are open to all men. A lot of us here, despite are differences, are really quite similar. We come from similar schools, go to similar churches, have similar skin tones. But there are a whole bunch of guys in Omaha that don’t look the same, don’t have the same backgrounds, and they need this experience with other men just as much as I do or as you do. And I think if we are really leaders in our community we owe it this community to strive to give all men the same opportunity with F3 that we have.
- Freed to Lead discussion at Countryside Starbucks on Friday – 6:30-7:00am
- F3 Foundation event in July – check Slack
- Prayers for Two Step’s friend, Jeff.
- Prayers for Toadstool and Wario’s dad, Jim.