4/22/2021, The Maize AO
PAX: Convoy, Griswold, Moon Man, Swiper, Delilah, Tonight Show, Slick, Mufasa, Crab Cakes, Seabiscuit, Fine Print, Doppler, Cheap Seats, Thor, Patton, Sasquash, Hard Hat, FNG (Blades of Glory), Barn Door
Q: Barn Door
19 PAX arrived to receive the welcome and disclaimer. YHC informed the PAX today was Earth Day and to take notice of the elements today that Earth has provided us.
Warm-a-rama began on the football field with 20 SSH, 15 Tappy Taps, and 15 Imperial Walkers.
We then moseyed to the hill for Thang 1.
The PAX formed into groups of three for a three man grinder.
- Top of the hill: Air Squats
- Bottom of the hill: Merkins
- Push down the hill: Crab Wwalks
- Push up the hill: Bear Crawl
We moseyed to the forest by the lake.
The PAX formed into groups of three for another three man grinder.
- North end: Planks
- South end: Bonnie Blairs
- Push: Run
6MOM consisted of 15 (IC) Freddy Mercury and 20 (Rancid Style) American Hammers.
Circle of Trust:
- Announcements: Convergence this Saturday at the Pit. Bring canned goods.
- Humankind is polluting water in rivers and lakes faster than nature can recycle and purify
- More than 1 billion people still do not have access to fresh water. That is 14% of the world population.
- If people worldwide switched to energy efficient lightbulbs, the world would save $120 billion annually.
- The global population without access to electricity fell from 1.2 billion in 2010 to 840 million in 2017.
- Each year, an estimated 1/3 of all food produced – equivalent to 1.3 billion tons worth around $1 trillion – ends up rotting in the bins of consumers and retailers, or spoiling due to poor transportation and harvesting practices
- 38 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2019.
We need to remember how fortunate we are and keep those less fortunate, in other countries that don’t have access to clean water or electricity, in our daily thoughts. Keep being the HIM we are and supporting our brothers in the gloom as well as charities you are pulled toward.