PAX: Gobbler, Wentworth, Room Service, Vandelay, Flanders, Blue Suede, Vanilla Ice, Sportiva, Saul, Dirty Bird, Buns of Steel, Folsom, Big One, Huffy, Two Step, Stella, Betamax, Hoosegow, Space Bar, Bloodshot, Smashmouth, Wait Time, Samples, Gator, Swinger, Slow Pitch, Lucky Charms, Safe Ride, Tater Tot, Brazilian, and…
Toadstool welcomed PAX to the Coop in the Swanson school parking lot at the top of the hill. Toadstool complimented the PAX on good turnout and then took the opportunity to compliment himself on his general good health and physique. Gave the mission statement, disclaimer, and the Credo.
PAX moseyed around the perimeter along the trail of Swanson park and then over to the basketball courts, briefly surveyed the new AO, and circling up…
Side Straddle Hop – 20 IC
Tappy Taps – 15 IC
Windmills – 15 IC
-Chicken Peckers along the walls at the base of the hill, starting with 1
-Chicken Humpers (basically a monkey humper, only while flapping your arms and looking much more ridiculous) at the top of the hill, starting with 10
PAX then counted off into groups of 5 and moseyed toward the middle of Swanson Park, where 5 separate cones were set up approximately 30 yards apart. Each cone has 4 separate exercises (20 reps each). The PAX broke up into 5 groups, and each group proceeded to a cone where they performed each exercise in sequence. The fifth group was the push and ran to relieve group 1, etc.
Cone 1: Arm exercises (merkins, alter. Shoulder taps, werkins, Carolina dry docks)
Cone 2: Legs (copperhead squats, hydraulic squats, lunges, bonnie blairs)
Cone 3: Cardio (bobby hurleys, goofballs, plank jacks, mountain climbers)
Cone 4: Abs (LBCs, frozen freddies, some other stuff I can’t exactly remember…)
Cone 5: 5 Burpees – Cone 5 then runs back to relieve Cone 1, who moves on to Cone 2, etc…
Bonus Segment: EGG TOSS!
PAX congregated in the middle of Swanson Park and partnered up again. These teams were given raw eggs to toss to each other, lunging backward each time they threw. If a team dropped the egg, then they started doing chicken humpers until a winner was declared. The winning team was the CHICKEN ALA KINGS. Don’t ask me who won, I don’t care and they probably cheated anyway (it clearly wasn’t my team that won).
We then circled up, got on our sixes, and did….
Box Cutters – 20 IC
Big Boys – 20
American Hammers (Rancid Style)
- COT: I decided not to talk about the history of Carl A. Swanson, but here are some fun facts from Wikipedia I shared with the PAX anyway…
- Carl Anton Swanson was born in Sweden,and he came to the United States in 1896 at the age of 17, He then settled in Omaha, Nebraska
- In 1899, Carl Swanson became a partner with John O. Jerpe in a small wholesale company. Jerpe Commission Company purchased eggs and cream from local farmers which they processed and sold. Eventually, the partners died and Swanson became the sole owner of the corporation.
- By 1938, the Swanson enterprise was one of the larger creameries in the United States and during World War II became a major supplier of poultry and egg products to the U.S. military. In 1945, the company’s name was officially changed to C.A. Swanson and Sons. After Carl Swanson died in 1949, his two sons, Gilbert Carl (1906–1968) and W. Clarke Swanson, took over the company.
- Really, this COT is about three events that I find memorable to F3 – 3 years since it started here in Omaha, almost 2 years since I posted for the first time, and 1 year since things kinda fell apart and a group of neighborhood F3ers started doing unofficial workouts at the Swanson location to keep things going…
- Amazing what those workouts a year ago when nothing else was going on meant. Basically, what I have found recently very interesting about F3 is that it is constantly changing, nothing is static. We are growing, we are changing, and F3 then starts to become something you maybe don’t expect. I’m naturally a nostalgic person and so I sometimes get stuck in that trap of thinking this or that has to be a certain way because that’s how I fondly remember it, but that’s not really how F3 develops.
- So, be open to F3 constantly changing and growing and not necessarily fitting with the perspective you have for it.
- To bring it back to Carl A Swanson, he didn’t know at the age of 17 when he came to Omaha as a Swedish immigrant that he would develop a poultry empire, but he did. Go Carl!
- Convergence – April 24th at the Pit
- More Pop-Ups and AOs starting this month
- F3 Foundation event in July – check Slack
- 5K this Sunday at Vidlak’s – check Slack