Date: 4/13/21 // AO: The Colosseum // Westside High School, Omaha, NE // Weather: 34 degrees w/ 15 mph winds // Q: BetaMax // PAX: Stella, Toadstool. Selleck, SafeRide. Tenderfoot, Retweet, Biff, Dirty Bird, Space Bar, Sven, Fortiva, Stink Bait, Samples, Hoosegow, Bloodshot, Honey stinger, Ice T, Tugboat, Greek Freak, Chicklets, Baskins, Blackflag, Gumbo, Abacus, Jeeves, Merch, FNG: Vintage, Rollbar, Super Tasty, BetaMax
YHC got a text from the Site Q at 5:04 and realized what he said was accurate:
1 – The track/field was locked
2 – The parking lots were gated shut
3 – The back field/hill had snow fence up, closing off all access
***sigh*** it feels like winter again at The Colosseum.
YHC moseyed to the shovel flag and delivered the mission statement, core principals and credo.
YHC parked near the back lot and spent 20 minutes hand carrying tires, coupons, weight and cones under the fence and setting up a course in the back parking lot. I guess no pre-run / book club today.
In light of the field being closed, a on-the-fly change in plans resulted in YHC leading the alternative Pre-Thang/Warm O Rama:
20 SSH IC as we awaited the Every Man’s Battle PAX to join us (check it out next week at 0445 at Coram Deo Church).
- Mosey to Pacific Street – Make a line, butts toward the street. 20 Monkey Humpers IC
- Mosey to far church parking lot – Circle up, 20 String Rippers IC. 20 Shinooks IC.
- Mosey to corner of 90th & Pacific Street – 20 pickle pushers IC and 20 Oh yeah’s IC
- Mosey to teachers parking lot – 10 Sun gods IC, reverse and 20 Shinooks IC
- Mosey to 90th & William St – Plank for the six.
- Mosey to back of Westside High School parking lot
The Thang – AMRAP 7 Man Grinder
Station 1: Cardio
- Mountain Climbers
- Bobbie Hurley’s
Station 2: Tire Fun
- Tire drag
- Tire throw
- Tire Press
Station 3: Dumbbells
- Chopping wood (left)
- Chopping wood (right)
- Kettle bell swing / release / catch w/ dumbbell
Station 4: Coupon Hell
- Bicep curls
Station 5: Abdominal
- WW2 situps
- Big boys with left leg to chest
- Big boys with right leg to chest
Station 6: SSH
Station 7: Take the hill!
- From Station 5, run to the top of the hill, back down and run to relieve Station 1
- Queen Service luncheon this Friday at Inner Rail from 11:30-1:00 to celebrate this pat round and nearly 500 lbs lost!
- F3Omaha’s 3-year convergence is Saturday, April 24th from 0600-0800 at Halleck Park in Papillion.
Toadstool’s aunt who is in the hospital, Huffy and his family (COVID quarantine) and thanks for prayers for Merch’s relative who is doing well.
“Forgiveness is the key which unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred. It breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness. The forgiveness of Jesus not only takes away our sins, it makes them as if they had never been.”
― Corrie ten Boom, quote from Tramp for the Lord