March 18, 2021|Halleck Park | AO – The Sandlot | 35°
PAX (6): Fire Walker, Swiper, Baby Shark, Tony The Tiger, Portiva (FNG), The Plague
Q: The Plague
The Plague welcomed the PAX to a beautiful morning at The Sandlot.
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
PAX moseyed around Sarpy on a quest to create words with the route – the goal was to spell “F3” with our route. We also did some Burpees along the way…the PAX were surprised that The Plague chose that exercise….
- Burpees – 80 Total
- Ended with 50 American Hammers to honor the 50 days F3Omaha shut down official workouts for COVID 19 which started on 3/18/2020
Circle of Trust:
- CoT: The Plague shared some thoughts on COVID and Denial
- 3/18/2020 – F3Omaha stopped official workout gatherings due to local COVID-19 restrictions
- The Plague reflected on how difficult this was to lose that daily routine and how he reverted to running solo every day. This was a difficult time but helped me realize that F3 had become an idol, a place where I was finding my acceptance and not having that daily routine led me to spend more time with God realizing the true, everlasting, unconditional acceptance we all have in Him.
- Denial is often defined as a false system of beliefs that keep us from facing reality or a self-protecting behavior that keeps us from facing the truth
- I was quick to deny how much of my identity had been found in F3 rather then in who God says I am. Denial often causes us to isolate from others and from God, but after much reflection and prayer, I realized that it was a problem and that there was a better way.
- You can’t fix a problem in your life until you first get out of denial and recognize that it exists. Then, and only then, can you begin to repair the brokenness and find peace through God.
- What are you in denial of in your life?
- Pray for PAX that haven’t been able to post in a while due to injury or other
- Prayers for Swiper’s family – Tom healing from knee surgeries
- Prayers for PAX that have lost family members
- 3/28/21 – 12 in 12 – Half Marathon will be at Wabash trail in Council Bluffs – Starting at 0500
- 4/10/21 – The Pit changing to 0600 start time
- 4/14/21 – New AO at Papillion South High School – 0515 start time