AO: Red Wings – The Anniversary
January 25 th , 2021
PAX- FDIC, Nailed It, TC, Chucky, Cheap Seats, Waterboy, Sparty, Hard Hat, Tube Socks, Toto,
Cataracts, Vandelay, Panty hose, Moonman, Bubbles, Pothole, Arm Bar, Uhaul, Saul, Thor,
Convoy, Big One, Wait Time
The Murph happened!
As I approached my one-year anniversary with F3 and my Q at RedWings to go along with it, I
reflected on the year. I thought about the beatdowns. I thought about the pain and the fact
that I have been sore every day for one year. I thought about the different sites. I thought
about the Pre-runs. But mostly, I thought about the PAX. I thought about the men that have
carried me and lifted me up in this past year.
I also thought about the changes that I have gone through this year and the lessons I have
In this one year, I have…
– Lost 31 pounds
– Gotten in the best shape of my life
– Done thousands of pull ups, pushups and squats
– Ran more miles than I have combined in my previous 40 years of life.
– Learned a lot of new terms for workouts (don’t google Merkin by the way…)
– Learned what CSAUP meant and then…
– Led a CSAUP
– Met a bunch of dudes whose names I don’t know…
So physically, I have changed and feel as good as a I ever have. But more important to me is the lessons I have learned from you guys! Here are just a few of my golden nuggets from the year.
– I have learned about vulnerability and acceptance from my friend Slow Pitch
– I have learned how to how to listen to understand as oppose to respond from Big One
– I have learned to get out of my comfort zone from Tube Socks
– I have learned how to push myself harder than I ever thought I could from Sparty
– I have learned that it is ok to be in pain no matter how big you are from Thor
– I have learned how to work out with a broken toe from Hard Hat
– I have learned how important it is to be a DAD from Slick
– I have learned how and why to pick up the six from FDIC and Vandelay
– I have learned why I should wear a mask from Ponzi
– I have learned how to light up the gloom with a smile from Tater Tot
– I have learned how to be humble from Convoy.. he is a beast by the way and you would never
– I have learned to bring my entire self to these workouts from U-Haul
– I have learned that being sexy is ok from Othello
– And from my man Wait time, I have learned to believe in people. Because he believed in me
more than I believed in myself.
– And I have learned so much from every single one of you. And I cannot thank you enough for
each of these lessons.
2020 was a tough year for me and candidly, I don’t know what I would have done without you. From this group, I found a light and I found support. I found brothers and I found love. At the end of the day… I found fitness, I found fellowship, and for the first time in a long time… I found faith… I love you guys!