January 8, 2021|Burke High School | AO – Golden Spike | 28°
It all started with a humble pre-blast Tweet calling out a HIM (Doppler) who was having his VQ at another Friday AO. The Twitter mumblechatter indicated that YHC was trying some reverse psychology on the PAX and several epic GIFs were used to display such sentiment. Plague tried to develop a beatdown without too many burpees but when there’s no better exercise known to man, what is a Q to do?
The PAX rolled in hot for a 0500 pre-run and ran through an icy neighborhood. Great conversation and 2nd F was experienced during the pre-run. They arrived back to the flags just in time for the beatdown and the Plague had some tunes playing to incite joy – Sh-Boom by The Crew Cuts got the PAX feeling ready for a joy-filled beatdown!
PAX: Ferdinand, Maaco, Ice-T, Tugboat, Cheap Seats, Re-Tweet, Mufasa, Tuner, Saul, Bonnie, Vandelay, Folsom, Spacebar, Dirtybird, Super Nasty, Parole, TC, Room Service, Tony The Tiger, Biff, The Plague
Q: The Plague
The Plague welcomed the PAX to a beautiful morning at Golden Spike.
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
PAX moseyed to warm-a-rama behind the school
- Imperial Walkers 20 IC
- Jump Tucks 10
- SSH 20 IC
- Jump Tucks 10
- Sun Gods 20 IC (10 each direction)
Pre-THANG – 1:5 Pyramid Ratio of Burpees:Jump Tucks
Tabata: 30 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest. Each round consisted of 4 exercises (2 sets of each). After each round the PAX ran two laps around the parking lot then moved onto the next round. Exercises were counted by PAX rotating around the circle.
Round 1: Upper Body
Carolina Dry Docks
Round 2: Abs
Heels to Heaven
Round 3: Lower Body
PAX moseyed back to the shovel flags.
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared about Rivalries and Sadclown Syndrome
- Plague reminisced about an old high school rivalry and how the rivalry was built on stories told by the world about people he had never actually met or known. There was a hatred stirred up inside but with no substantial reason. After high school, Plague got to know some guys from the rival school and concluded: these guys are actually really cool!
- Sometimes we allow ourselves to come to conclusions about people based on things we hear from the world – others, news, social media, etc.
- If we believe Sadclown syndrome to be true – man hiding behind a fake image because they don’t know who they are or don’t want to deal with who they actually are – then we must spend time actually getting to know others before concluding anything about them
- We must also be sure to bring our true selves into relationships and stop hiding behind a false image. If you can bring your real self into relationships you can experience the freedom of being accepted for who you are
- Acceleration happens when a man realizes that he can be himself and be accepted for who he is and where he’s at – that’s where change, growth, acceleration and invigoration of male community leadership happen!
- Prayers for injured PAX, our Nation, our Community
- Folsom brought out some praise to the sky-q for answered prayers for a friend in the hospital with COVID-19