December 12, 2020|Aldrich Elementary | AO – The Oracle | 31° & Snowy
PAX: Khakis, Selleck, Jumanji, Grease Fire, Vandelay, Pain Killer, Folsom, Dr. Thunder, Touché, Water Boy, Griswold, Slow Pitch, Bird Man, Biff, Pothole, Tonight Show, Pantyhose, Cheap Seats, U-Haul, Tater Tot, The Plague
Q: The Plague
The Plague welcomed the PAX to a beautiful morning at The Oracle. The Plague actually showed up today which is an important step when Q’ing a workout!
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: The Plague is not a professional – PAX need to modify as necessary.
PAX moseyed to warm-a-rama behind the school
- SSH 50 IC
- Sun Gods 20 IC (10 each direction)
- Alternating Shoulder Taps 20 IC
- Plank jacks 20 IC
- High knees 20 IC
- Jump Tucks 20 on up
PAX gathered in a snow covered grassy area for the Makhtar Merkins
PreThang – 1:5 Makhtar N’Diayes:Merkins
- 1 Makhtar N’Diayes IC followed by 5 Merkins
- 2 Makhtar N’Diayes IC followed by 10 Merkins
- 3 Makhtar N’Diayes IC followed by 15 Merkins
- 4 Makhtar N’Diayes IC followed by 20 Merkins
- 5 Makhtar N’Diayes IC followed by 25 Merkins
The nearby parking lots were all full of snow plows cleaning up the fresh powder so The Plague had to call an audible…turns out we moseyed right to the location that hadn’t been plowed yet. Had to get creative with moseying in between the two rounds of Tabata Time but still felt the effect of the work.
Tabata Time – 20 reps followed by 10 count in between
- Burpees – 20
- Squat Jumps – 20
- Mountain Climbers – 20 IC
- Squats – 20
- Completed 2 rounds
B-11’s on the Hill
- PAX completed 11’s with Bonnie Blair’s and Bobby Hurley’s with a Bernie Sanders up the hill in between
PAX moseyed to the front of the building and found another parking lot that just looked lonely. We decided on One More Thang before heading back to the shovel flags.
One More Thang
- SSH – 10 IC
- Burpees – 10 IC
- Slalom Mountain Climbers – 10 IC
- Parker Peters – 10 IC
- Alternating Shoulder Tap Merkins – 10 IC
- American hammers – 20 IC
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared
- When you feel unseen, especially by the people whose attention and approval you crave the most, it can create a compulsion in your life to start doing things that are not even really consistent with your character.
- The stuff nobody points out or gives you a trophy for – you’re putting in the work but your biceps aren’t growing, we have 1 million cliches to compliment your physical appearance. This is because the world values what’s visible instead of what we know is really valuable
- It is okay that you need to feel appreciated, celebrated, and loved but you need to use your greatest energy to find these things in God because you can’t let others control you
- Do what you do according to values not external validation.
- I see a lot of guys doing the silent stuff – attending 1st, 2nd, and 3rd F events and trying to get better. Don’t forget that the most significant things are often unseen and done in silence and you may not get recognized for them but they will pay off!
- PAX with family members recently passing away – Huffy & Wait Time
- Birdman mentioned a family with some challenges – PAX encouraged to pray and volunteer help if possible
- Bring Canned Goods to Sandlot on December 24th
- Santa Saunter – December 26th – starting at Aldrich ending at The Pit
- CSAUP – January 2nd – Cornhusker Handicap