November 23, 2020//Westside Swing School//AO-Octagon//27 calm degrees//
17 Pax: Space Bar, Hoosegow, Bloodshot, Stella, Mufasa, Toadstool, E85, Polaroid, Honey Stinger, Flying Tomato, Safe Ride, Kill Switch, Sister Act, Bonnie, FNG (hereinafter and forever Ice T), FNG (hereinafter and forever Hagar), and Folsom.
The PAX gathered at the Shovelflags, while Folsom ran around madly, placing cones around the infield. Folsom returned to the shovelflags at exactly 05:30. He welcomed the PAX with the mission statement, the 5 core principles, a disclaimer that he was not a professional, even though in his mind he really is, and welcomed the 2 FNG’s before leading the PAX on a little mosey around the track.
Warm O’ Rama
- Mosey ¼ mile
- Mountain Climbers ICx15
- Downward Dog to Howling Wolf on howlx5
- Sun Gods forward and backwards, ICx12
- SAC (Sumo, Air, and Copper Head Squats) ICx10 each
The Pre-Thang: Thankful for Bernie Sanders!
- Folsom instructed the PAX to partner up, one partner ran, backwards, up Heart Attack Hill and did Monkey Humpers ICx4 before running down. The other partner performed Cherry Pickers until the first partner returned. 10 minutes AMRAP for the pre-thang
The Thang: Thankful for Folsom’s Dreaded Wrecktangle!
- Folsom had the PAX count off in 5’s (1 group at each corner and 1 push group) for 15 minutes AMRAP exercises at each corner of the Wrecktangle. The PAX moved along the short sides via Bear Crawl and the long sides via Sprint. Folsom urged the PAX to push themselves and actually sprint. The PAX completed 2 full trips before Omaha was called. The exercises were:
- Instagram Fitness Models
- Hydraulic Squats
- Full Body Crunches
- Hand Release Merkins
- Sweat Angels (requested by Hoosegow) ICx15
- Heels to Heaven ICx15
- E2K ICx20 each side
- Big Boys x20
Announcements: Thankful Turkey Trot is this Thursday! Check Twitter and Slack for all the info. Beware that start times will be different at the Thursday AO’s.
COT: “Be Thankful!” Folsom told the PAX how stressful the holidays can be for him. This year will probably be different for everyone but can still be stressful. With all that’s going on, it’s easy to miss the positive side of things. For instance, it’s going to be tough to return to virtual school for most of us parents, but that means we get to spend a lot more time with our kids (which is a good thing, right?) Folsom urged the PAX to look for the things to be thankful for and to focus on them.