October 19, 2020//Westside Swing School//AO-Octagon//36 balmy degrees//
23 Pax: Nightcrawler, Beta Max, Wentworth, Brazilian, King Pin, Space Bar, Brick, Hoosegow, Bloodshot, Pain Killer, Cyclone (Respect!), T.C. (Respect!), Biff, Grease Fire, Stella, U-Haul, Tin Cup, Samples (Respect!), Mufasa, Toadstool, Griswold, Wide Right, Folsom.
The PAX gathered at the Shovelflag, carefully placing their coupons down. It’s ironic how some things in life are just meant to be. Folsom had loaded up 8 coupons to bring for those without, and exactly 8 guys were without coupons. That’s fate brothers! The mission statement was made, the 5 core principles were stated, the disclaimer was made, and then Folsom led the PAX on a little mosey, sans coupons.
Warm O’ Rama
- Mosey ¼ mile
- SSH ICx20
- String Rippers (Tappy Taps) ICx10
- Sobriety Style Sun Gods (stand on 1 leg), forward and backwards, ICx10
- Copper Head Squats ICx15
- Shoulder Taps ICx15
- Mountain Climbers ICx15
- Tempo Merkin, ICx10
The Thang: Fun with Coupons!
- 10 minutes AMRAP (As Many Rounds of the 4 exercises As Possible)
- 20 Coupon Thrusters
- 25 Bent over rows
- 25 Dead lifts
- Broad jump for 10 yards, mosey back
- 10 minutes AMRAP
- 10 Blockees (Burpee with your coupon, a.k.a. Man Makers)
- 20 Curls for the Gurls!
- 20 Vertical Coupon Bench presses
- Bear Crawl 10 yards, mosey back
- (Even though I had to call Omaha, before we even started this one, it was a part of the original plan so I’m including it here. I guess I took too long explaining things.) 10 minutes AMRAP
- 10 Traveling Merkins (Right hand on coupon, Merkin, left hand on coupon, Merkin=1) try not to put your knees on the ground
- 20 Coupon Gas Pumpers (balance on your six on your coupon)
- 20 Coupon Swings
- Riffle carry coupon, 10 yards, and back
- Murder Bunnies to midfield and circle up for Mary. This was a audible called by Nightcrawler and Beta Max when I decided we didn’t have time for the third 20 minute session. Thanks guys, you can’t beat a good Murder Bunny race!
Dying Cyclone (Chill Cut, reach out touch coupon, repeat other hand), ICx10
LBC (hold coupon above your chest, focus on moving coupon by abs only) ICx20
Flutter Kicks (hold coupon above your chest, hold shoulders off of ground) ICx20
Mumblechatter: During the thrusters of round one, Nightcrawler was kind enough to offer a sarcastic critic of my form. To which I replied, I know, I’m only doing ¼ thrusters. Stella accurately named my form, “Just the Tip Thrusters.”
COT: “If it takes shit to feel bliss, then I feel pretty blissfully” –Modest Mouse
Modest Mouse is one of my favorite bands. That line is from a great song and I think it has a lot of wisdom. Today’s workout sucked. AMRAP with a coupon puts a man in the shit. It’s you against you and you got 10 minutes to get as much done as you can. 10 minutes can feel more like 20, during a painful beatdown. But, when we were all done with the beatdown, we felt the bliss of a hard workout completed. I think in our modern society too much emphasis is put on making life easy. Life needs to be hard at times to blissful at other times. Don’t let society fool you. Seek out the hard things and do them and you will be rewarded with Bliss. Be it a challenge at work, or with telling your spouse something she/he may not want to hear, but you need to say, do it!