September 17, 2020|Westside High School | AO – The Battlefield | 56°
PAX: Samples, Stella, No Doze, Grillz, Space bar, Safe Ride, Mac And Cheese, Betamax, Radar, Roll Bar, Khakis, Tonight Show, Hiram, Brazilian, Nugent, Tin Cup, Griswold, Brick, Hoosegow, Skipper, Tugboat, Pancake, Pantyhose, Birdman, Sparty, Chiclets, Wide Right, Huffy, Bubbles, Tenderfoot, The Plague
Q: The Plague
The Plague welcomed the 32p PAX to a beautiful morning at The Combine.
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
The Plague also mentioned that he is not a professional so PAX need to modify as necessary.
PAX were ready to enter The Battlefield and experience a nice cushy beatdown on the beautiful football field. YHC had a different plan and explained to the PAX that in order to be ready to enter The Battlefield, we would need to spend some time practicing. YHC then flipped the script on the PAX and began the mosey toward the practice field. Mumblechatter ensued as the PAX realized there would be no beatdown on the turf field, they would need to earn their place on The Battlefield!
We would need an Epic playlist for this beatdown but YHC forgot his phone in the car. Bubbles, the fearless warrior was appointed to lead the PAX to the parking lot behind the batting cages while the phone was retrieved. YHC arrived back to the PAX to begin warm-a-rama. There was no time to waste, so we began quickly with Jump Tucks. All of a sudden, the silence was deafening.
PAX moseyed to the parking lot for warm-a-rama
• Jump Tucks 10 on up
• SSH – 20 IC – No Doze graciously led the PAX
• Imperial walkers – 15 IC
• Mountain climbers – 15IC
• Sun gods – 20 IC
YHC loves to make up exercises and test them on the PAX.
• Merkin Shoulder Taps – 10 IC
• Burpee-jumpy-tuckees – 5 OYO
• Merkin Groiners – 10 IC
YHC introduced the thang and by design it was confusing 😊. The goal of this beatdown was to demonstrate how chaotic our lives are with so many incoming changes and distractions.
PAX moseyed to the base of the hill for the thang.
The exercises below were completed but throughout the beatdown YHC introduced several audibles to keep the PAX on their toes. Variations included EMOM with Bernie Sanders up the hill every minute, partner grinder up the hill, and partner grinder across the field.
These exercises were the focus of the thang, however mumblechatter indicated some confusion throughout. YHC was pleased that the plan was unfolding as designed.
• Bobby Hurley’s – 100
• Burpees – 1
• Hand Release Merkins – 90
• Burpees – 2
• Jump Tucks – 80
• Burpees – 3
• Big Boy Sit-ups – 70
• Burpees – 4
• Mountain Climbers – 60 IC
• Burpees – 5
• Monkey Humpers – 50 IC
• Burpees – 6
• Makhtar N’Diayes – 40 IC
• Burpees – 7
• Low Dollies – 30
• Burpees – 8
• Makhtar N’Diayes – 20 IC
• Burpees – 9
• Squat Jumps – 10
• Burpees – 10
PAX moseyed back to the shovel flags for Mary.
• American Hammers 20 IC
Circle of Trust:
• YHC had every intention of tying the chaotic beatdown to the chaotic rhythm of our lives and how the concentrica can help us prioritize in the midst of chaos.
• I completely forgot to make this connection so many of the PAX were likely thinking this was truly my VQ! The PAX were fortunate that I had actually prepared three different COTs and they would hear all of them at once. What happened next can only be described as logorrhea (look it up) or word-vomit. I may have blacked out but here’s what I remember saying.
- Work-life balance is a huge Oprah Bomb that Goo-nation tries to get us to believe. You will never be able to successfully balance all of the relationships in your life on one side of the scale and work on the other. Use the concentrica, prioritize your relationships based on this concentrica and aim your arrows at it.
- Grillz is a great example of what I need in a Shield lock brother – he has called me out and called me to greatness and helped me live according to my faith and values – TCLAPS GRILLZ.
- Mark 8:36 – “What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?”
a. Live lives that will leave a legacy – nobody is going show up at your funeral and remember all the projects you implemented or sales you closed; they’ll remember the relationship you had with them and the way you made them feel.
Coffeteria at Starbucks