9/12/2020 | The Oracle AO | Aldrich Elementary | 7:00-8:00 am
PAX: Wait Time, Slow Pitch, Vandelay, Sweet Tooth, Piano Man, Cheap Seats, Kielbasa, Thomas, Jeeves, Tater Tot, Tonight Show, Skipper, Two Step
Q: The Big One
Weather: 55 degrees and cloudy with a shower mid beatdown. The Pax didn’t get the vitamin D the Q had promised.
The Big One welcomed the PAX, gave the mission statement, core principles and disclaimer.
The Pax moseyed a ways on the trail to an open green space somewhat away from the roar of the West Dodge Expressway.
SSH x 15 IC
Imperial Walkers x 12 IC
Tappy Taps x 12 IC
Big Ones x 12 IC
Sun gods (forward and reverse) x 10 IC
Pax then did 3 sets of Absolutions x 5 led by Two Step with increased pace each time.
The Pax then moseyed back to the school
Wall Sits – 30sec x 4
Dips – 20 x 3
Steps Ups 15 IC x 3
Derkins 20 x 3
The Pax did 4 sets of the following exercises with a mosey in between each set. The number of exercises added up to 412 which was the number of first responders that lost their lives on 9/11.
Tempo Lunges x 20
Barishnikov Squats x 20
Merkins x 20
Bobby Hurleys x 20
Carolina Dry Docks x 20
Burpees x 3
The Pax found a patch of grass for Mary.
Dancing Chilcutt x 20 IC
Freddie Mercuries x 20 IC
Box Cutters x 15 IC
American Hammer x 20 IC
- Name-o-Rama. No FNGs.
- Prayer request for Icy Hot as his grandma recently passed away. Prayers for Khakis and the Rockbrook community who are grieving the loss of a young man in the neighborhood.
- Announcements: Valas on October 8th. Check your email. Be sure to RSVP.
- The Big One talked about the 412 first responders who lost their lives on 9/11. They lost their lives trying to help others as they ran into a burning building knowing they may not make it out. While hopefully nothing in our lives rises to the level of the choice they had to make that day, we all have challenges that we need to face. We can choose to ignore them or accept them head on. Part of being a leader is taking on difficult challenges or situations when its not always the easy thing to do. The Big One asked the Pax to think about the challenges they may have and encouraged them to face them head on
- Tonight Show closed with a prayer
- Coffeeteria followed at Karma
The Big One