08/22/20: Oracle – 7am
Q – School: Be a Life Learner
Temp: 69 degrees, fantastic morning!
PAX:(15), Lemon Law, Rollbar, Wentworth, Hashtag (HATE), Sweet Tooth, Spreadsheet (HATE), Short Sell, Grillz, Skipper, Umbero, Hog (RESPECT), Patton, Vandalay (RESPECT), Cheap Seats, Othello.
The Opener – Othello presented the 3 F’s, the mission statement, the five core principles, and the disclaimer.
FNG today – No FNG’s today.
Al – Gore while Q is explaining Q-School Sessions.
- Explain the required text – Mission Statement, Five Core Principles and Disclaimer
- Explain welcoming the FNG
- Explain counting off and picking up the six
- Explain making it personal, have a connection with the PAX.
Mosey – The PAX moseyed to the parking lot to the EAST of the school.
- Explain the basic structure: Warm-A-Rama, Thang, 6MOM
- Explain the structure sayings:
- Next exercise is…
- Starting position… MOVE
- In cadence, on my down, on my up, on my in, on my out, on my count…
- Explain the different style Cadence (regular, slower, red bull)
- Explain warm a rama structure:
- No more than 5 exercises
- Varied warm ups, different part of body
- Start with SSH, but you don’t have to.
Warm – A – Rama:
15 (IC) SSH
15 (IC) Windmills – Slower Cadence
15 (IC) Goofballs
15 (IC) Tappy Tap
15 (IC) Smurf Jacks – Red Bull Cadence
Mosey – The PAX moseyed to the blacktop of the school, against the wall.
- Explain about Post/Pre Thang – Optional
- If desired, usually a packaged workout – ATM / BMW / Rinse and repeat 2 or 3 times
10 (IC) Chicken Peckers
10 (IC) Copperhead Squats
10 (IC) Australian Mountain Climbers
10 (OMC) Failure to Launch x2
Mosey – The PAX moseyed around the school for “String of Pearls” and back to black top.
String of Pearls:
15 (D) Merkins
15 (D) Air Squats
15 (IC) Step Ups
- Explain The Thang
- It’s the meat and potatoes
- Different ways to construct the Thang, this is where you could really insert your personality. Think of the PAX and what they will gain.
- You could tie this into your overall theme of your workout/CoT
- Grinders, Ladder, Round Robin, PAX… AMRAP, OYO.
Types of Reps:
10 (U) Groiners
10 (OYO) Burpees
10 (AMRAP) Big Boys
The PAX stood in a circle and one by one each HIM would come to the center of the circle to pull an exercise from the sorting hat and lead that exercise. 10 reps each.
10 (U) Calf Raises
10 (IC) Backward Lunges
10 (D) Merkin
10 (IC) LBC’s
10 (OYO) Burpee
10 (IC) Plank Jacks
10 (IC) Sun Gods
10 (D) Squats
5 (D) Hand Clap Merkin
10 (IC) Rosalita
10 (IC) Heels to Heaven
10 (D) Low, Slow Squat
15 (IC) Monkey Humpers
15 (IC) Pickle Pushers
Mosey – The PAX moseyed back to the flags
- Explain 6MOM
- You don’t have to do the whole 6 minutes but some kind of core would be nice.
- If you are heavy in your core during the workout, you could technically skip this or make it very light.
15 (IC) Gas Pumpers
15 (IC) Box Cutters
15 (IC) American Hammers
- Explain COT
- Count off
- FNG call out
- Name A Rama
- Name the FNG
- Message from the Q
- Closing Prayer
- Q at Oracle and Battlefield… spots are open.
- Patton, Nemo, Short Sell, Spreadsheet, Hashtag and Sampras all have VQ’s coming up, watch out!
- Good job, Othello.
- Sweet Tooth mother is having heart surgery
- Nemo going after cross country.
- Patton’s daughter is having engagement and going away party
Message from the Q:
“Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.” – Unknown
This is coming from two different perspectives in my life. The past week was the first week back of school and educators had to adjust their normal way of teaching to fit the needs of our distant learners. This means we all had to learn different online tools and programs to ensure our learners who are distant are getting the same quality of education as the learners who are present. This was a difficult transition for most educators and we really had to be open and present to learn the different online programs.
The other perspective is having Q school for F3 Omaha. This is a great opportunity for HIM of the PAX to be open and present to learn the different ways to lead a F3 beatdown. The most important advice I could give is to observe and learn as much as possible on how to Q. Once you have the basics or the structure under your belt, you’re then capable of inserting your personality and taking ownership of your leadership style. That is what makes you, you and that is what makes F3 special. We have all sorts of different personalities, experiences, backgrounds, fitness levels, so when you Q, understand that HIM of the PAX will have the opportunity to understand you and connect with you which allows the second F to shine through and makes us a stronger PAX!
Grillz led us in a closing prayer… thank you, brother!