August 11, 2020|AO – The Colosseum | Westside High School | 64° F
PAX: Safe Ride, Gumbo, Knobs, Vandelay(Respect), Tin Cup, Bloodshot, Toadstool, Samples (Respect), Flanders, Greek Freak, Othello, Pancake(Hate), Baskin (Respect), Wide Right, Hoosegow, Swinger, Tenderfoot, Hightower, Ramrod, Wentworth, Honey Stinger, 2 Step, Buns of Steal, Honey Badger, Betamax, Biggie Smalls, Folsom, Slick, Todd Bartusek (FNG-Homer) and Saul
Welcomed 29 PAX to the Colosseum. Saul explained the mission of F3, checked for FNGs, gave the necessary disclaimer and reminded PAX to modify as needed.
1 – Warm-A-Rama
PAX moseyed around the track and then congregated at the 50 yard line for Warm A Rama.
- SSH 20 IC
- Windmills 15 IC
- Imperial Walkers 10 IC
- String Rippers 10 IC
- High Knees 10 IC
- ATMs-3 sets-10, 7, 5
2 – The Thang
- 2 Stations at Each Corner of End Zone and 2 Stations at each side of the 50 yard line
Split up into 4 groups-Do the Exercise Below Together- Then mosey together to the next station.
- 1st round
- 10 Mountain Climbers (IC) at each of the 4 stations with a mosey (or sprint) between stations.
- 2nd Round
- 15 LBCs (IC) with a mosey (or sprint) between stations.
- 3rd Round
- 20 Merkins with a mosey (or sprint) between stations.
- 4th Round
- 30 Air Squats with a mosey (or sprint) between stations.
- 5th Round
- 15 Flutter Kicks (IC) with a mosey (or sprint) between stations.
- 6th Round
- 15 Cherry Pickers with a mosey (or sprint) between stations.
- 7th Round
- 10 IC Alternating Shoulders Taps with a mosey (or sprint) between stations.
3– 6 MOM
- American Hammers- 30 IC
Circle of Trust:
- Grow Ruck-There is still time to sign up. See Slack or Twitter for details.
- Q school -There will be Q school this month on alternating Saturdays at the AOs. Details to come soon.
- Book study-Join Greek Freak and others on Tuesdays at 4:45 AM for a book study at the church next to Westside High.
- Words of Wisdom-
“Where fear is, happiness is not.” Seneca
“I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.”—Mark Twain
What are you putting off out of fear? Usually, what we most fear doing is what we most need to do.
Fear setting by Tim Ferriss
Conquering Fear = Defining Fear
- Define: Define your nightmare, the absolute worst that could happen if you did what you are considering.
- Prevent: What steps could you take to prevent the damage?
- Repair: What steps could you take to repair the damage or get things back on the upswing, even if temporarily?
- What are the outcomes or benefits, both temporary and permanent, of more probable scenarios? Now that you’ve defined the nightmare, what are the more probable or definite positive outcomes, whether internal (confidence, self-esteem, etc.) or external? What would the impact of these more likely outcomes be on a scale of 1–10?
- What is it costing you—financially, emotionally, and physically—to postpone action? Don’t only evaluate the potential downside of action. It is equally important to measure the atrocious cost of inaction.
- Weigh the pros v cons
Next F3 Events – Heavy Metal, Paradise Island, and Top Rope